Now You Can't Drink Water

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Resistance isn't futile, Apr 12, 2013.

1. MrSergio

MrSergio Guest

Atleast we'll have nice white teeth before it kills us. :2thumbsup:

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

oh man just saw this post ...I think it may be my fav post ever on the forums :)

3. nightnurse01

nightnurse01 Guest

In my medical facility left over medication is wasted in the sink. Not sure how much this would effect the water supply though...

Either way, I would much rather waste the medication in the trash can.

4. Trojjan

Trojjan Member

Some bottled waters are good and have high alkaline PH i.e Evain and Fiji water. Other than that you have Micro Water which the Japanese came up with. When the japanese consume Micro Water with their alcohol they do not suffer from hang overs the next morning. You'll have to buy an Ionizer to get that, it uses electrolysis to remove the harsh metals from type water.

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The good news is that you now have a ready supply of free drugs.

6. SuperXX

SuperXX Guest

Everything in capitalist society are contaminated. Even a religion.

7. JasonHerbalExt

JasonHerbalExt Guest

I haven't thought about this... Im not flushing pills down to toilet any more.

8. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

If you think the water is bad now, just wait till they frack your land.... here's what happens....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U01EK76Sy4A"]CAN YOU DO THIS WITH YOUR TAP WATER? - YouTube

1 person likes this.
  9. odonII

odonII O

Did you read any of the comments below the video?

Where abouts was the video taken, and where was the nearest 'fracking operation'?

10. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBjSXWQRV8"]Light Your Water On Fire from Gas Drilling, Fracking - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg4VNGFP6qE"]Fracking Loophole Linked To Pollution Of Drinking Water - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8pr6uFA_Y"]Fracking causes flaming taps... should we be doing it? - Truthloader - YouTube

By all means, be their guest to fracking your land. Personally, I can live without oil and gas easier than I can live without water.

11. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I worked for many Seismic corporations back in the late 70's and early 80's. Seismograph is used to detect earthquakes, but it's also used to look for oil. They drill holes in the ground a hundred feet deep, and stick dynamite down the holes and set it off to create an earthquake. From the echos that bounce back, they can tell if there's oil or gas pockets under the ground.

The seismic companies buy permission from land owners to do this across their land. Then when they fuck up the water on the owners land, they get sued. Most times they settle out of court, and then lease the land to drill oil wells. The land owners get rich with royalties, and buy another place to live where the water isn't fucked up yet.

The first few years I was ignorant of the damage, but the more I learned, the more it became impossible to continue to be part of the problem. The last job I had, I was fired because I wouldn't continue to buy cocaine from my supervisor. If you want to know how all the cocaine is getting in the U.S., check the oil tankers.

All the water in west Texas tastes like oil.

1 person likes this.
  12. odonII

odonII O

Sherry Vargson:

http://articles.philly.com/2011-05-18/news/29556269_1_marcellus-shale-gas-act-natural-gas

This has been occuring for decades in that region. There are natural natural gas pockets all over that area. It seeps into the water naturally! My great uncle was lighting his water on fire 40 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sons-blames-fracking-flammable-tap-water.html

- was her issue conventional drilling on her land, and migration into her private well? We don't really have 'private wells' in this country. I'm aware it is more common in the U.S. This is a 'drilling' issue, rather than a 'fracking' issue, right?

Why should I be concerned with 'fracking' if it is not occurring near me or if it were I'm drinking water that has passed through a water treatment facility...?

Where any type of drilling or 'fracking' is occurring on private land, and has the potential to effect peoples well - then that is an issue, no doubt...

13. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

14. odonII

odonII O

I think the e.g's given are a result of drilling not 'fracking'.

I didn't watch the last video. I have now.
    That was a little better than the other two.
    It was, I think, talking to me as a UK resident.
    Although to illustrate earthquakes it pointed to somewhere in Spain, and an incident that had nothing to do with 'fracking' - so was a little manipulative.
    It also showed the e.g's of issues relating to wells on private land - rather than water I'm likely to get through my taps (a point I raised anyway).
    It did show a segment of a counter film (albeit briefly, and was a little patronising about the contributor: a mom)
    But it did show that putting a match to your tap can set it on fire regardless of if there is 'fracking'/'Drilling' on your land.

So, all in all, I didn't learn anything about the side effects that could occur for me, personally...and it was kinda not really relating to me as a person living in the UK - I guess because there hasn't been anything to really write about here...

1 person likes this.
  15. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Well I can have an idea to write about. You can eat another man's flesh and have the water from there. That can mean that there exists something counter-productive to the subject of withdrawing needed water from the sources of measured scientific sources in the means of advance knowledge. Actually advance knowledge should not be a private issue; and we share the water for the whole community. This is important more for the idea of commonwealth that a democratic capitalism needs.:bobby::devil:

16. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

If done correctly, fracking can be done without much problem and minimal risk of pollution. But there are too many drillers out there that are into it for the quick buck and they do not follow the procedures to keep the pollution from happening. It takes more time per well to take the precautions to prevent the pollution. Taking the time to do that means losing money. It's not right by any means, but that's what's happening.

1 person likes this.
  17. morrow

morrow Visitor

Its the same in UK...things only change, if and when enough people make a noice...
    And to think, we have to pay for this stuff to be pumped into our homes, feed it to our children..
    If you pay for your sewage to be removed...perhaps they are not using our money wise...thats where the noice should start....

1 person likes this.
  18. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

New York State has just banned fracking.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Wouldn't antidepressants like make everybody fun? =)

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ No.... No, they wouldn't