now look what you've all gone and done...

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by kitty fabulous, May 17, 2004.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i read so many posts about going commando on the old forums that i decided to try it and now i can't wear underwear anymore. shame on you all, turning an up-standing, responsible mother-of-two into a social degenerate! :p before you know it, i'll be walking around pagan festivals naked! oh wait, i've already done that...

2. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

Funny i done that for ayear.My reason was to save on water .Worked out great .

3. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

i stopped recently too... choice

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I don't wear them unless I'm wearing jeans or something. It's just extra laundry. And it makes me happier!

5. ericf

ericf Member

Hmm it has been about two years or so since I started going commando. I have worn underwear less than 20 times since then (usually when I wear old holy ;) pants).

I don't know if I could go back. :D

6. enjoylifeasmuchasyou

enjoylifeasmuchasyou Member

I understand that "going commando" means: wearing no underwear? But where does this expression come from? :confused:

7. ericf

ericf Member

I have heard many things about where it comes from. The one I like best is probably just as wrong as most of them but I will repeat it. ;) Hey it sounds plausible to me.

During the Vietnam war, army commandos and special forces often spent weeks out on patrol in the hot wet environment Vietnam is. Hopping in and out of water, the heat, and everything else could cause crotch-rot (yes this is a real disease... it is like athlete's foot on your balls but worse). On top of that they didn't have time nor the facitilities to wash their underwear -- any guy who has worn the same pair of tighties two days in a row over the summer knows how grungy that can be. So... they just went without. It meant the crotch area dried quicker and reduced their chance of problems. And no underwear to worry about changing and keeping clean. Since they were commandos the term for not wearing underwear became going commando.

Hey, it sounds plausible to me. Personally, I prefer free-ball... it just sounds more fun and peace loving to me. :D

8. enjoylifeasmuchasyou

enjoylifeasmuchasyou Member

Thnx Ericf, it sounds plausible to me too. Si non è vero, è bene trovato, as the Italians say. ;) But free-ball is better indeed, for me being a pacifist! Sometimes I like the free-ball style, but sometimes I prefer underwear. Depends on the kind of pants I'm wearing...

9. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I haven't worn underwear since February - and the only reason I wore underwear then is because I was on a ski trip, and I needed some extra clothes. All the underwear I've bought has been a waste of money.

10. ericf

ericf Member

I think the reason I like to freeball is that I never found a pair of underwear that didn't bug the hell out of me. Boxers seemed intent on climbing into my anus and had to be pulled out repeatedly during the day. Tighties... that's a more intimate problem... let's just say the boys tried to escape out the hole in the front all the time. But I never thought about going without. Even though I knew some people did it. It took joining a brotherhood that actually forbid underwear during their hellweek (and for good reason -- think of the Vietnam example above... it was a good week) except for the women who had their friend (yes it was co-ed... and very hippie... I love that group). They did actually check once or twice but they didn't need to bother with me. Less than two hours into the week and I was more comfortable than I had ever been in my life. I never looked back. :D

Edit... well sometimes I'll throw a pair of loose boxers on. But only when I wear my old jeans with the holes in them. I can't bear to throw that pair out even though they are ripped and disgusting.

11. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

actually i don't really like the term commando, either...but i don't have any balls to be free.

12. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Commando is cool, but there are times (like when swinging a hammer) when a man likes to know the precise location of his testicals.

13. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

I think that is along the right lines for the def of "commando". Also, I have heard (while i was in the Marines) that in Vietnam due to the enviroment, undershirts and underware would actually rot off, and they would just go without, or run out of new ones. This occured when they would spend long days in the bush from all the moisture and stuff.

14. Sax_Machine

Sax_Machine saxbend

You can define the term 'commando' however you want because it didn't exist until it was used in an episode of Friends once. I don't think it's an official term, so you might as well use it in whichever way you like.

15. yabba

yabba Member

Hi Kitty,
    Glad that those posting helped you come to your senses;-)
    Going without is just the best. Good to see that thanks to forums like these more and more people try it and realise it's just so much better. And that's men and women.

16. BFG_Rob

BFG_Rob Banned

Don't know about that. I started hearing that phrase long before 'Friends' was even on. Around the late 80's I believe.

Granted, back then I thought it had somethin to do with cargo pants [​IMG]. heehee

17. LaurelBayTree

LaurelBayTree Senior Member

I wear underwear only the first few days of my period. Any other time I hate them. I get wedgies and just feel to uncomfortable. I have a question...my sister is always buying these expensive underwear that have faces and words and are in different colours...why? what is the point?