November Camping? Yes/No

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by Jude96, Nov 21, 2018.

1. theamos

theamos Members

I have camped in nov if it is nice weather and I have camped in February in crappy weather

2. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Kind of a late post for you. But yes it is doable . I have tent camped in 5 degree weather in the past. Stay away from cotton clothes. They soak up moisture like crazy and make you feel colder.
    Nylon blends are better. Wear layered clothing. It is easier to take off the extra clothes if you get warm. But it is harder to put on extra clothing when you don't have them with you.. Have two knit hats One to sleep wear when your sleeping ( you loose a lot of body heat thru your head area) And one hat to wear during the day. This gives them time to dry our between uses. Your body is always giving off moisture. So before you get into your sleeping bag for the night. Put on fresh dry clothes.and socks. The 60 seconds of cold to change into is better then 8 hours of being cold during the night ! Use a closed cell foam sleep pad. It will not allow air under you as you sleep. open cell mats will allow for air flow. Air flow will wick your body heat away.. Use a ground cloth under your tent. But do not let it extend pass the tent walls. The ground cloth will prevent any ground moisture from coming into your tent. Make sure you have sleeping bags rated for cold weather. and bring a few extra wool blankets to use for covering you.. Keep your drinking water in your cooler to slow down any freezing. And put your water container in upside down. Water freezes from the top down. So if it does freeze when you turn the container back upright any frozen water will hopefully be on the bottom now. Make sure that your tent is strong enough to stand up to snow fall. I like the Eureka Timberline tents I have had very good experiences with them in the snow. Even through they are rated 3 season tents.

3. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Aww we didn't end up going, did we Jude? We stayed in and watched that Christmas movie

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that had to one hell of a long christmas movie if it replaced a whole camping trip.

5. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Two whole days worth

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

man, i get annoyed if a movie goes over 90 minutes.

7. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

You know those Lifetime movies.....

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ unfortunately, yes i do.

GypsyHolly83 likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I used to think ideally a movie should be 2hrs.
    Bur yeah these days when I flick through movies on devices Etc I'm looking for the shortest one that takes my interest. If you can't entertain me in 90mins it might not be worth it. I usually go for a half-time weed session midway.

GypsyHolly83 and onceburned like this.