Notre Dame is on fire !

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Mallyboppa, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I thought the stained glass windows were a loss.

2. Nothing more than the way they do their best to keep a lid on things that could possibly lead the public into thinking it might be the fault of immigrants or religious radicals. In some cases, like Charlie Hebdo and the Bataclan, there's only so much they can do.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  3. Hard to say since wood was a common fuel over most of the life of the cathedral. When I see 19th century photographs of the area around Atlanta, the trees are very sparse. Today, they're all over the place to the point you can't make out the topography.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I have thousands of similar pics, but not allowed to post them here

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The roof. The roof..

quark and Driftrue like this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The rosette is heavily damaged... I don't know about the others.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

No......Only Slight Damage.....Even The Lead In The Windows Didn't Melt........Also The Organ Pipes

Are Not Made Of Steel But Some Other Material Which Is Easily Damaged By Heat....But They Seem OK.

Saw A Pic Of Part Of The Interior In High Definition And As I Said Earlier There Are Candles Intact.....

And A Beautiful Timber Baptisim Font Untouched......:astonished:

Cheers Glen.

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Mystical.

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The difference is a NY Yankee hat is a piece of clothing that someone chooses to wear on any given day. No one gets to chose their skin color or ethnicity at birth. Whereas religion, like a Yankees hat, people get to choose that as well.
    The fact that you can justify assuming that all people of certain skin color and ethnic background (presumably Northern Africans, Persians, Arabians, and Western Asians) are all of a certain religion because of what they look like, is racist.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  10. 6-eyed shaman

Because in the last year 875 chruches in France have been vandalized, some are cases of arson. Bringing it to an average of 2 churches in france are being vandalized a day.

French Journalist: Two Churches in France Are Vandalized EVERY DAY and No One Gives a F*ck
    Notre-Dame Cathedral Fire Not Arson But 875 French Churches Vandalized In 2018

But who knows? There's still a possibility that it wasn't Islamic radicals who caused the Notre Dame fire. Maybe the officials are telling the truth and it was all a mysterious fuck up. But I find it awfully suspicious that there's been an ongoing ring of church defacing, and one of the most famous cathedrals in the world burns down on the week before Easter. So I still believe it's arson, and someone is trying to cover up their negligence, such as French politicians are lying to cover their horrible policies

Anakin's vocabulary is limited to the R-word when he's cornered. He's just another social Marxist carbon copy who's been programmed to recite the same lines when triggered. An NPC if you will.

Discriminating against races of people is one thing, but criticizing an ideology is another. Not all Muslims subscribe to radical Islam. Some Muslims want to do what they can to distance themselves far far away from the bigoted ideas that are put out by extremist hate preachers. But enough of them do and I think that Islam could really benefit from a reformation movement.

11. 6-eyed shaman

If it took 100 years to build with Medieval technologies.
    I say it could be rebuilt in 5 with modern technologies no prob'.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You dont have any reservations about how quickly this billion was pledged and who by; for a building?

When there were things like a 1000 people dead in the floods in Mozambique a month before.

Its a little bit off. Something doesnt fit right there

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Quasimodo, really? ...lol...

Visexual likes this.
  14. Racist !!!

:grin:

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I feel like there's a joke with that picture and Hunchback of Notre Dame somewhere but it eludes me at the moment.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LOL, serious? You cant think what that building looks like?

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I can and I wanted to tie that into how the hunchback got his hunchback... I dunno nonsensical train of thought

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I deliberated saying "erection" I just know it's a word for when a building gets put up. I wasn't sure if others would get it or not.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah i actually agree with neon on this, it's a bit obscene. I've never seen 1 billion raised in 24 hours after a natural disaster or for war victims

But i just dont really feel like piling on with the negativity.
    I'm just glad the bees are okay

Mustard Tiger and Irminsul like this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i learned the other day that bees hug each other when they sleep sometimes in flowers :)

Mike Literous likes this.