nothing to doooooo

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by legal_rasta, Feb 16, 2009.

1. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

well. idk. my hairs about 3.5 inches long right now. ....................... ok so, my mom (oh yay) before she said when i go to college I can get dreads, I take that as, when im out of high school/when im 18. the other day she said when im living on my own so what ever fuck her. thats besides the point. but I wanna get my dreads over THIS summer. and if I do I was wondering how much I could hope for over thoes 2 months I get off. cause my plan was to start like first thing for summer break, and get the messy not good looking part out of the way, so I dont have to deal with assholes at my school. -back combing. and what about showering cause I know it will basically come undone, should I backcomb it after that to help it again?
    But I dont see what my moms problem is cause I go to college in basically a little over a year. and ill be 18 in a year and 3 months.
    ....... idk. its stupid.
    my moms weird. she likes to do stuff just to show that i have to listen to her. my friends mom, who is friends with my mom even told me that.

sorry about being random im really bad at typing stuff like this.

my moms telling me to get my hair cut again, which ISNT HELPING.
    How am i sposto have the long hair i want for dreads if she keeps fricken telling me to get it cut. its all bad.
    but my friend who was all against me gettin dreads said maby if i bleach it. i was like. no? but idk. just random but people who ive told, are getting used to it and i dont even have em. its WEIRD.

and on a side note, what do you guys thing about knottyjohnnycleans new video about how wax isnt bad and it all depends on how you use it?

and another side note, i watched all his other videos before and my mom like saw me doing it (this was like a month ago at least), and the other day when i was watching the wax one shes like what is this guy tryin to brain wash you, every time your in here your watching one of thoes videos.
    ... shes dumb. :toetap05:

bahhh.

anyone have 2 month progress pictures?

and i might do alittle crocheting once they get somewhat mature just on parts that dont want to co.operate.

2. amybird

amybird Senior Member

3. amybird

amybird Senior Member

I do have progress pics, but I was still mistakenly using wax at that point, plus I started with a lot more hair than you, so I'm not sure mine would be very relevant help.
    It might be tricky to get that length of hair knotting as fast as you want it to...I'm not sure. With regards to washing...on the one hand, the first few washes will of course disrupt a lot of your backcombing, but on the other hand, washing is kinda one of the keys to speeding up the knotting process. I imagine with very intensive maintenance using a crochet hook you could get things going the way you want them to, but that in itself may not be the best idea...
    Hmmm...:confused:

Lol could I be any less helpful?! :p doh

4. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

idk if the legnth matters, just the shape they have taken....

lol. i just want them to look somewhat like dreads and not just messy hair. yeah i dont want to over do it with the crocheting...

but, i still have alittle less then 4 months till summer so... if i dont get my hair cut..... it will be a bit longer hopefully.

5. amybird

amybird Senior Member

6. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

legal id say just wait the 4 and backcomb once. i started my second set in march of last year at prob like 5 or 6 inches. at that point i was using wax like crazy too lol so it took all summer for jus a couple of the dreads to lock up. i backcombed my friends in i think it was aug and used no wax and as of right now her dreads are hard as a rock! im gonna be touchin up her roots for court tom so ill take some pics to show u guys. but seriously jus backcomb once and let them go. she didnt wash for two weeks and after each wash she sprayed a salt water solution i made her. they came out jus great. good luck with the rents and all. my first set i had to take out cuz my dad was bein a toolbag(i was 14 at the time). best of luck in your journey :D

7. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

Cool, pics will be great. Yeah thats another thing, what do you guys wash with? Lately was just using baking-soda and apple cider vinegar. and now ive just been using diluted ACV..... I think i need baking soda cause it helped alot with my dandruff. I was thinking about getting some lush bar shampoo or something.

but i really do like what im doing now more then any shampoo. When I use shampoo it makes my hair feel really thin, and arr its just all around bad.

8. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

yea all i used for shampoo was jus a regular bar of soap. its wat i told my friend to use too. it works jus fine. if u really want to use all that fancy stuff go ahead but a good ol bar of soap works jus fine IMO but ppl here would disagree with me.

9. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

throw away your comb today

tada thats all u gotta do
    if in 4 months when your ready toi start the dreads you dont already have them then backcomb once and only once
    most likel,y though by the time your ready to start you will have alreasdy started

now if u do backcomb, dont crochette, once you stasrt its hard to stop and not look silly

about that vid
    watch his dreads
    watch how much he moves, yet the dreasds dont move the tiniest bit
    they are stiff and sticky and he even admits he doesnt like touching them without smearing em full of butter

what i think of those vids is simply this... the words gerttijng out that wax is evil..hes in pannic mode people are sending back the wax demanding theyre money back and hes desperately trying to keep scamming anyone dumb enough to listen

10. amybird

amybird Senior Member

You can really see the discomfort on his face when he knows he's bullshitting

11. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

actualy no i dont disagree.. any soap isd fine, if it conditions howerver it will make things much muchj harder, but if not if it dont condition at all anything is fine..just not best
    best is residue free, residues are hujaerd to remove from dreads and slow the progeress somewhat
    they wont stop the progreess but will skow it, in addition they buildup
    also, all natural is best your hair is a natural style feel it all naturaly and it will love ya for it
    i dont know the exact reason sls's and all those chenmicals are bad but i think i heard thjey maybe carcinogenic? bcmomma is the wizzard of naturality ask her
    but its really about nothing unatural belongs in or on your body, its a matter of degree of harm
    the air we breath the water we drink and the food we eat are full of toxins why use more on your scalp so close to ypur btrain
    some harsh chemicals in soaps can lead to scalp issues
    if your happy with baking soda use baking soda
    id not use acv now except very rare to strip residues as it softens too much use bicarb or a natural sopap like dr b stop combing and wait n see
    thats all u gotta do
    oh yea and stop watching those vids your mom is right, he is trying to brainwash you into buying into crap u dont need

all u do need is to stop combing
    the end

12. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

lol. yeah idk about him... he says you dont need wax, then if you use wax you need that nasty dread butter, and why not some lock pepPAh to go along with it. he just keeps adding to the list of stuff to add to your hair. Thats what i thought when i was watching it. Buy this to cover up the wax feel and use this to help the wax knot your hair.....

and i like my comb lol. but im pretty sure my mom would not like all natural at all and she would DEFFINATLEY want me to get my hair cut, or do it in my sleep or SOMETHING. another reason why I would back comb.

and if you do make a anti wax video, post it as a response to theyre pro wax video on youtube, that way when people see his video they see a mini pic of your video right underneath his and its easy to see and click.

13. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

where do you get this Dr.B's? ive heard about it but ive never seen anything with it. yeah, he is, but she meant just brain washing to get dreads. she didnt know what he was talking about, just that he has dreads and says theyre good. lol.
    i think LUSH shampoo is natural... its SDS free atleast.

edit: and which type of dr B do you guys use? i found the website, is that where you get it from or do they have stores around?

14. amybird

amybird Senior Member

I use the lavender one, and I order it from a UK site. How the hell is this thread on page 2 already?! You only started it last night. Well obviously it's not on page 2 now... :p

15. amybird

amybird Senior Member

I meant page 2 of the forum, not the thread's second page lol

16. OzzyDread

OzzyDread Life Supporter of Peace

speaking of Dr.B's, any one have probs with the peppermint one...just doesn't seem to do as good a job as the lavender..

17. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

:) i was thinking about either the peppermint or tea tree one...
    bar shampoo probably. but idk.

and lolz. for some reason the kid i sit at lunch with wants me to not get dreads so today hes like watch im gonna ask this person and theyre gonna say you would look stupid as fuck, and all they said was youd look better with cornrows.... (???idk... no. and i wouldnt.) but yeah basically everyone who ive heard say they would look cool.

18. shadygrov

shadygrov Member

I get mine at a health food store names Whole Foods. Another popular store is Trader Joes. There are tons of mom and pap health food stores you just have to know where to look. I see your from Ohio. You should be able to find as I like in Indiana.

19. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

trader joes! theres actually one really close to where I live. hopefully they have it.

20. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

woo I was just looking at your timeline, and your dreads looked like candy when they were just made :p hawhaha

[​IMG]