Nothing has ever travelled at the speed of light especially light

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Oct 27, 2018.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

actually we have no way of knowing that, because if it did, we wouldn't be able to see it doing so.

(or receive any other sort of signal to indicate its doing so, because as yet we know of none impervious to that relationship between mass and energy,
    which is what that constant represented by little 'c' actually represents. not actually the 'speed' of anything.)

this doesn't quite prove anything to not be possible though,
    just that we as yet know of no way for it to be.

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

No, the contradictions are contextual, implying that massive objects can be considered to simultaneously move slower than light individually, and faster than light collectively, depending on the context. Superfluidity, superconductivity, time crystals, and even macroscopic observations of time moving backwards and such things as an autonomous Maxwell's Demon all indicate that time has no demonstrable meaning outside of a specific context. This is also what the Standard Theory suggests, that the arrow of time can be considered illusory in some situations. Exactly what is reality and what is illusion then also becomes context dependent, making the issue a pragmatic one that revolves around thermodynamics, efficiency, the lowest possible energy state of the system, and maximum entropy production. All of the current accepted theories incorporate yin-yang dynamics.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If two people look at a rainbow, they never see the same rainbow as it changes on heights and agles, so that to me means light is perceived differently from person to person. Wouldn't that perception also differ person to person to how fast light travels?

4. wooleeheron

Quantum Photography is a new field, but it allows the operator to see colors like ultra violet or even x-rays I suppose if you had the right equipment. Light is not what you think it is and, in fact, they can now make "photonic-matter".

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Quantum Photography :tearsofjoy:
    Ahh that's a good'n.

6. wooleeheron

They take pictures of objects without shining light on them. Its rather bizarre, but you can theoretically see all the colors of the rainbow using the technique. Once you get up to x-rays and gamma rays the equipment would start to be destroyed each time it fired, but you could see the result. The record for teleportation is now over a hundred miles, while I could go on and on all day long and people would just go cross eyed, but this is really happening. Reality, it turns out, is beyond anyone's imagination, and Stephen Hawking would be upset if he were still alive.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ah yeah, run a few filters over images, bound to see something.

8. wooleeheron

No, its quantum mechanics, and the axions or microtubules in your brain are quantum amplifiers with more than one stage apparently. I know, I know, it sucks when reality just doesn't meet our expectations.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh right, yeah it's so much clearer now thanks.

10. wooleeheron

If you want people to explain things, I suggest learning how to ask questions.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Haha. You make me laugh woo, I get quite chuffed that you put so much effort into me. :tongueclosed:

12. wooleeheron

Sorry to disappoint, but everything I write is for my research. I design bots that people will love to argue with, even if they know they are bots.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's what makes it even more funnier though. You aren't disappointing me at all.

14. wooleeheron

Laughter is the key to becoming one with your sphincter!

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So is talking shit bro. :tearsofjoy:

16. wooleeheron

If you ain't full of shit, yer starving to death, and if you can't work your shit out, yer up shit creek without a paddle!

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And I suggest you actually read up on some these phrases you are cutting and pasting off the web

No such thing as Quantum Photography

But by all means, provide a link for something you think qualifies as Quantum Photography, and I will tear it apart

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds like a loaf of quantum baloney. :sweatsmile:

I don't even know what the word quantum means.

19. wooleeheron

I have a free outstanding offer to teach anyone how to use a dictionary and search engine.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'd literally have to care though and I literally don't care. :tearsofjoy: it's all quantum bullshit.