Not the typical stoner music.

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Freedom_Man, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

Circa Survive, Ace Enders, The Wedding, The Faint, Days Away

2. wonka816

wonka816 Oh Davey

well if im not listening to my usual hippy/stoner music(dead, floyd, etc). i really enjoy ska, stuff like streetlight manifesto, reel big fish, less than jake, and other stuff like that...i used to listen to a bunch of metal(dragonforce, shadows fall, dream theater) but i dont really listen to that anymore just not my thing though older dream theater is pretty good every now and then

3. EXAchilles

EXAchilles Member

When I'm stoned I usually throw on Black Mountain, Sublime, Bad Religion or 3eb.

4. FLORIDA MON

FLORIDA MON Member

MGMT, Alan Parsons Project, Soundgarden, Frank Zappa, The Dandy Warhols, Morcheeba and The Beatles. Aaaah, variety!

5. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Velvet Snares
    Drumcorps

I almost just said Sleep (stoner doom band for those who haven't heard of them)...

6. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

i've enjoyed getting high to Blockhead, Frank Zappa, Bedouin Soundclash, Mahavishnu Orchestra, others... :D

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Rancid, L.O.C., The Distillers, Choking Victim, Flogging Molly, FireWater

8. polecat

polecat Weerd

Nice. The only punk band I really enjoy listening to.

9. CrownOfCreation

CrownOfCreation Member

I like anything thats good. I mainly listen to jazz, blues, reggae, psychedelic rock, and older country.

I have 14237 songs on my computer, 43:17:28:26 total time according to itunes.

10. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Rush, Thin Lizzy, KISS, AC/DC, Supertramp, Queen, Floyd, The Offspring, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, Alice Cooper.

11. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

ah I love The Distillers but my friend(one who introduced me to them) made a good point once in fact Brody kind of makes them sound like a Hole copy cat band if you look at Hole between like 1989-1994

As for that, going back to Hole, Courtney Love's solo stuff is hit or miss, but her new stuff(well demos) of Pacific Coast Highway and Car Crash are awesome, even these 2 demos basically beat anything that was on America's Sweetheart

And that list is fucking awesome, Thin Lizzy, Thin fucking Lizzy.

12. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

nice, someone else who likes supertramp. breakfast in america is one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time

13. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Lightning Bolt, Holy Fuck, Dan Deacon, Hella, Contagious Orgasm, Violent Onsen Geisha, Boredoms, OOIOO, Brazilian Girls, Don Caballero, Ruins, Battles, Don Cherry, Merzbow, Gerogerigegege (only punk I can stand, two crossdressing Japanese maniacs), Blonde Redhead, Kaki King, Girl Talk, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Power Pill Fist, Black Dice

14. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

Aaron Spectre is awesome, the Drumcorps stuff is intense! Have seen him loads of times but never as Drumcorps, he lives in Berlin and plays out there quite a lot, good shit..

Good choices too Relayer on Lightning Bolt, Black Dice, BMSR!

And whoever said Stone Roses as well, classic band.

15. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

oh crap I forgot the greatest not really famous stoner band, Mazzy Star, good god people go listen to Mazzy Star

16. twang

twang on the run

To the people that said Pinback, The Faint, Blockhead. Excellent choices for the non stereotypical stoner music. Ronald Jenkees, Tycho, Hotchip are some other not typical stoner bands that are fucking amazing while blitzed. Tom Petty and Neil Young are also good.

17. LiberateYourMind

LiberateYourMind Member

I'll listen to just about anything, it all depends on my mood and who I'm with.

Some music I enjoy while by myself include MSI, Bright Eyes, Epica, Nightwish, Coheed and Cambria, City and Color, Sigur Ros, Disturbed, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Chili Peppers, Nirvana, AC/DC, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Beatles, Muse, and many, many more.

18. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Battles, fuck yea! I never had you been for a noise kinda guy until I heard you singing the (well deserved) praises of lightning bolt. have you heard Adult. ?

19. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Oh yea man, Im big time into noise. You should check out Contagious Orgasm and Merzbow for some insane Japanese sounds that make Boredoms look like synth pop lol.
    I've never heard Adult, but the name sounds familiar. Worth checking out though?
    Also, this one is really obscure and rare to come across, but check out youtube or whatever for Heaven People. Insane lol

20. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

Seriously listen to Days Away - song - "It's Not Over". Or Good Old War - Song "Looking for Shelter" or "Weak Man".