Not sure which phone to get

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by la Principessa, Sep 13, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

No way the Evenstar uses this bullshit phone.

I respect it, but I'm not buying it.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Back in 2013 lol.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Magical people dont need no smart phones

But i had to get one when i gave up my immortality :(

McFuddy and Ged like this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

5. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Ehh I'm good enough at getting off. Sometimes I wish I could last longer lol by myself anyway.

6. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

Apple phones have less of a variety of apps, and less freedom, but it makes things simpler. Phones can also be purchased online. If a store has a deal that they upgrade you to a newer model every few years, then it would probably be better to buy offline.

7. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Upgrades are bullshit. I had my phone for one year and I didn't personally damage it or crack it, but it stopped working right and they wouldn't take it for a trade in. They way they do phones now, it's almost always broken within a year and worth nothing. And yet when I look online to buy a phone from Amazon or eBay or whatever, they're asking 150 dollars for a phone that's three years old. Chances are it's already laggy and scratched up.

I don't care about having the newest thing, but I resent that I can't trade in my phone but people sell broken ones that are even older for a good amount of money.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Just get a galaxy 9 lol. The battery is much better, there's data cards for storage, apps actually work.

I promise you'll enjoy it over iPhone. There's a reason Android created an application to easily transfer your iPhone apps to the Galaxy, because Samsung know they're better and they want your business. Whereas at the same time I also did a reverse search and could not find an iPhone app that did the same, which tells me, nobody really goes from a Samsung to the iPhone. But Samsung made an app that transfers absolutely everything over, and they even give the transfer cable free with the phone to do so, because they want to make the transition easier for their customers.

The only thing I never liked was the keypad and the predictive text but now I use smart keyboard, you can personalise it really well and it's better than the iPhone keyboard and predictive text.

Normally I couldn't give a rats ass what anyone gets, but after the obvious awesomeness from the Galaxy 8, I just can't idly sit around the subject anymore. You gotta get a Samsung. :p

The play store on Samsung is also cheaper that iTunes and you can find much more music releases on it. I always struggled to find certain music on iTunes and no problem on Samsung.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Wouldnt mind a smartphone without either Apple ios or Android

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You could try the google phone? I haven't really looked into it.

Honestly, why I left IPhone was the music applications. They were hopeless. I could not shuffle a playlist without it continuously restarting or just stopping for no reason. I even paid for several "shuffle" apps and after spending the money and more research, not even they would work correctly it was something with the iPhone.

I need music in my life, and it just wasn't cutting it.

The Samsung app is a little messier to look at but I don't care, when I select shuffle it shuffles properly and generates a random order, whereas I also found while shuffling on iTunes is that it systematically repeated the same tracks over and over.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Fed up with the google shit on android, so dont want a google phone. There should be a third alternative by now

Irminsul likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nokia 3310

:D

puggybear likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I used to have a Windows phone but it was a bit shit

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Sounds like a Fit Bit used to keep track of you bowel movements.

Meliai likes this.
  15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You're a genius.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think that might be what i have. that's what the sales guy called it anyway, but it functions pretty much exactly like my old android so i assumed it was just an android called the google phone, not its own thing.

i've had no problem with it so far, but like i said, it's pretty much exactly like an android anyway.

Irminsul likes this.
  18. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I used to be an android person but switched over to iphone and never looked back. They were both good, but iphone makes a lot more sense to me. Honestly though, I think you will be ok with any smart phone. They are all pretty good at the basic functions that most people use them for.

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

20. That's the one!

Tyrsonswood likes this.