Not sure which phone to get

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by la Principessa, Sep 13, 2018.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I had the Zmax Pro for exactly a year before the screen went bad. I didn't drop it or crack it, but the top half of the screen didn't respond to touch at all. so I switched to an old LG phone which is slow and the sound is terrible so it's time for a new phone.

I'm looking at either the iPhone SE or the Samsung Galaxy J7. I like that the iPhone is smaller, because I'm tired of the huge phones that have been coming out lately. If I want a huge screen, I'll just use my tablet. The camera is better on the iPhone too. It's a little more expensive so I'm not sure. And I know that Android devices can be customized a little more. I've always been an Android girl. Does anyone have either of these and can help me decide?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

3. la Principessa

I saw that coming. Well I'd be getting mine through T-Mobile and it still says it's available as of today.

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

May I Suggest You Buy A 10 Year Old "Flip-Phone".......Just Like Mine......Still Works Perfectly

On The Original Battery......Can't Ask For More Than That...... :D

Cheers Glen.

Running Horse likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I still use my first smartphone (even as we speak/type!): a Samsung galaxy S3. I recommend. I bet its dirt cheap now too because its an old(er) model. It has a nice size and works fine! Why get the latest model if one is not gadget horny?

6. Asmodean

I guess she might want some smartphone functions, like certain apps. But yes, they're still excellent for texting and calling

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The Latest "Apple Phone" Being Released Here In Australia.......Costs......$2300-00 Dollars....WTF..???..:screamcat:.

Cheers Glen.

8. Asmodean

If fools want to pay that for it why not price it like that... :p

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I guess it depends on whether you're more of an Apple person or a Google person.

I have a MacBook, but I've never had an iPhone, but as I understand it, you can sync your iPhone to your Mac. If that's your thing, keep that in mind.

For me, however, the ability to sync my phone with both my work and personal Google accounts is highly beneficial. I love how interconnected it all is. The calendars, email, contacts, etc. So I guess it really boils down to what platform you use for that stuff: Apple or Google.

I use Google, so as a result, I prefer Androids. Plus, I love saying I have an "andro" phone ;-)

Hope that helps.

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^^..."Andro"......Sounds Like The Description Of Someone Who Is Having A "Sex Change"...... :D

Cheers Glen.

11. Noserider

Androgynous...I like andro girls

12. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

If you have to have a phone this here's the way to go.
    The reason they're called smartphones is because they prove that their creators are smarter than all of the dumbasses who buy their shit

13. Asmodean

Sure buddy... :D

And if you see 3 people at a bus stand, one staring at the horizon and the other two busy on their smartphones the latter two are the zombies.

Noserider likes this.
  14. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Depends on if there's drool involved, amount of drool involved, thickness if drool involved & consistency of drool.

15. Noserider

Without smartphones, half of my posts wouldn't exist here

la Principessa likes this.
  16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

z max pro sounds like some kind pharmaceutical

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

After being with Apple iPhone for 6 or more years and going to the Samsung last year all I know is, I'd never go back to the iPhone not in a million years.

In comparison IMO the iPhone is a toy that's rugged to fail after 18-24months. They purposely fault the system so you continuously upgrade. Their memory system is a joke. The iTunes store is more expensive than any other store. With their lousy ios updates, you never feel like you get a new phone, it's same shit every time.

I love my galaxy S8. It took me a while to get used to it and granted I don't actually use it to it's capabilities at all, but it is much superior and the battery doesn't run out after 5hrs and it's not rigged to do so in 2 years and also external memory cards ftw.

The actually play list shuffles without repeats or restarting, something Apple couldn't get their heads around, a simple functioning fucking music app.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, that and internet access. i was kind of late to the smartphone party too, and really didn't see the appeal, but once i had internet access on my phone i can't imagine ever going back. i don't even use it that often, but it's extremely helpful often enough that i would be really frustrated without it.

i guess theoretically it might be supported longer? although i don't know if this is really worth the extra initial cost.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

51168342.jpeg

GLENGLEN likes this.
  20. la Principessa

I'm not gadget horny lol but I do like being able to use the internet on my phone wherever I am. If I get stranded somewhere I can use Google maps or get an Uber (cabs here are a complete rip off). I'm not the type of person who stares at my phone when I'm out but I like knowing I could if I needed to look something up, or take a decent picture, hence the desire for a newish phone. I'm well aware of planned obsolescence, but it's not something that's going to stop any time soon. And unfortunately like most people, the convenience a smartphone provides is almost necessary for work.