not really sure what step i should take next...slightly scared...

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by sweetdreadlover, Jun 8, 2006.

1. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

well this really isnt a womyns issue, but i think you guys can help me out the most with this.on monday after work one of my friends/coworkers was still sitting at work waiting for her stepmom to pick her up when i left. when tuesday rolled around she was a no call no show and nobody could get ahold of her. i tried tuesday night as well with no answer. on wednesday my boss tried calling her and got no answer . she left her a message saying she needed to call my boss back or she couldnt hold her job.still no call or anything. last night(wednesday) one of our other coworkers went to check on her, and her car was in the driveway but there was no answer at the door.and last night this guy she has staying with her whos on house arrest was knocking on my door. instinctively i did not answer and my little chow chow ws freaking out, bearing teeth the whole thing.i looked outside and saw that there was a police car not far behind him.
    well today when she still didnt show up for work my boss called the police department for a welfare check and the police didnt even say anything when this walked outside and said "shes picking mushrooms" and walked back inside.
    this is not like my friend at all. and the police department said they cant do anything unless her family reports her missing...but most of her family is in alaska and new mexico and california and kansas. theres only her dad and stepmom here and its not rare for her to go a couple months without talking to them...also she had some death threats on a couple text messages by this girl she knows who worked with us and got fired....so needless to say i am worried sick about her and have no idea whats going on...shouldnt there be something that can be done??

2. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

First off Im really sorry about your friends/coworker. And Im glad you didn't answer the door!

Can;t you file a missing persons report? And if not... I would encourage her dad and her step mom to file a missing persons report.

Hopefully she comes back safely! Sorry again.

3. sweetdreadlover

the police told me only her family can file the missing persons report. and no one knows where her dad and stepmom live. not to mention they dont speak much english. they are both laotian(sp?) and their english kind of sucks. which makes issues even worse..

4. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I'm so sorry. I know what it's like worrying about someone being missing. Did you tell the police that she has no family around to file the report? Do you know where she hangs out, what other friends she has, etc? I hope that she is found very safe and sound..

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

What does this mean? It sounds really ominous.

AFAIK, anyone who knows the person can file a report. Call your County Sheriff, if you have one, to see if that is true in your area.

I hope this girl is fine. This sounds scary.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

yeah, the bit about only family being able to file a report is total bs. if that were true, all the people alone in this world (family-wise) would totally be shit outta luck. get past the lazy guy and take care of it.

7. Brand New Soul

Well I really do hope she comes back safe. Sorry!

8. sweetdreadlover

well its day 5 and still nothing. another coworker stpped by her house and knocked on the door, and she said it sunded like someone came down the stairs but there was no answer so she looked in the window and her entire house is thrashed. she said theres stuff EVERYWHERE. i am starting to get worried sick. i thought about calling the police station but im not sure what to tell them since theyve been there once this week already....what should i do???

9. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Start calling cops - local/ county/ state.
    Hopefully you'll contact someone who isn't lazy/ fulluv bs...

Good Luck...Hope your friend's ok.

10. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Ask a sherriff to go over there and check things out. They will do it - if you explain that she's been missing from work - and her house looks thrashed.

11. Brand New Soul

I'd pretty much keep calling the police station. It is there duty to protcet citizens! Oh I hope she turns up safe and sound. . .

12. sweetdreadlover

well i found her. she went to hep her mom out b/c out of the blue her mom got really sick. so thank god i found her and she is safe and well...now im kinda mad at her for not calling anybody.

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

glad she's OK. With losing the job, she will learn a lesson.

14. Brand New Soul

Thats awesome that you found her. But its really werid that her house was trashed and she got threating txts from some chick.

Glad shes alright though.

15. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I'm glad she's ok...but she really should have told someone...it's shitty to make people worry like that.