Not Paranoid!

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by Deleted member 315401, Sep 22, 2021.

1. 0922211155a.jpg
    Someone, actually planted a listening device in my room!

Has anyone ever found someone spying on them and if so what did you do about it?

2. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Wow. I don't know what to say really. Is it a voice activated recorder or transmitter ? That is screwed up. I would personally be checking for a hidden camera in areas where you might change your clothes. the bedroom the bathroom etc. I have seen advertisements for them.. They are so small now. that they hide them in chargers. Outlet covers , smoke detectors. clocks etc. That is kind of scary.

scratcho and MoonGoddess like this.
  3. It is a recorder but not a transmitter. I have not found any others and I hope it is because there is nothing left to find.

nudistguyny likes this.
  4. nudistguyny

[​IMG] a camera detector on Amazon for 34 dollars. It says it picks up the signal the camera puts out and you can pin point the location of it.

scratcho and MoonGoddess like this.
  5. nudistguyny

Could it be somebody left it behind by mistake ?

MoonGoddess likes this.
  6. Thank you, I will have to look into it.

No, I wish it was just a mistake. It was my ex, we still live in the same house for now but I did not expect to have to deal with this. I may be leaving sooner than I had planned. I confronted him about it and he says he doesn't know why he did it. I told him that it is illegal, he said, "then call the cops"

scratcho likes this.
  7. nudistguyny

That is screwed up. I am sorry.

MoonGoddess likes this.
  8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Spooky!!:eek:

MoonGoddess likes this.
  9. He didn't used to be this way, I hope he can get his head straight and deal better with our situation but if he can't then I will have to leave sooner than I was planning on.

arizonacook, nudistguyny and scratcho like this.
  10. BeatrixPothead

BeatrixPothead Members

That recorder looks like it's 20 years old, maybe older. At this point, it's more of a curio or e-junk than a listening device. Does it even work?

Bilby likes this.
  11. It was brand new, he apparently bought it from amazon and it does work, after I found it I downloaded the files to my computer to keep as evidence in case it was needed. It is only about an inch wide and 2 and a half inches long, the photo makes it look larger than it is. Regardless of what was used, recording someone when they think they are alone is wrong, illegal and just creepy.

Scottishdk and scratcho like this.
  12. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

That's down right wrong and weird all rolled into one, I hope you didn't let that slide.

MoonGoddess likes this.
  13. Definitely not, we both want to be able to remain friends after all this so I warned him that he better stop or he is going to make me hate him. I think that is a better threat than calling the police for him.

scratcho and Scottishdk like this.
  14. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

I would think so too, and hopefully now he respects that decision and doesn't do anything for that to change.

MoonGoddess likes this.
  15. Hopefully.
    So far it seems to be working.

scratcho and Scottishdk like this.
  16. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

That's good to hear, Fingers crossed it stays that way.

MoonGoddess likes this.
  17. Things were ok for a while and while I haven't found anymore devices, he has begun to get creepy again. He thinks I don't know but I can tell when he is hovering just outside the door trying to listen to what I am doing or looking for the light from my phone when I am "supposed" to be sleeping. Fuck! I feel like I am a kid trying to read with a flashlight after bedtime:rolleyes::mad:

scratcho likes this.
  18. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Time to get out before things go too far south and you're leaving in a body bag.

scratcho likes this.
  19. He wouldn't kill me, lol, but... there is a running joke that he might chain me up in the basement:eek:

I only have one place I could go right now other than here and honestly, I would feel less comfortable there than I do here, just for different reasons.

I have a few other reasons for staying in the house for now even though the marriage is over. One, obviously is to save money, two, is to try and launch my career after 20 years as a stay at home mom and three, the most important is for my youngest child. That last one has several layers to it but those are the basics. I only have about another 68 weeks.:D After that my youngest will have finished school and will also be moving out.

20. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I hope and pray you're right and you don't become a story on the evening news.

MoonGoddess likes this.