Not Enough Experiences?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by G. Felix, Aug 8, 2013.

1. G. Felix

G. Felix Guest

I had an interesting conversation with my Girlfriend and I was wondering if anyone has anything to say on the matter. I learned that my girlfriend has had quite a vividly colorful sex life ranging from anal to lesbian to three sum to crazy blowjob with various people in her life while I have been with much fewer people. Would that make your relationship with that person awkward or anything learning that from them?

2. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Better ! The more adventurous she is, the more things you may like doing with her & you may just love her even more than you do now?

3. G. Felix

G. Felix Guest

To be honest, I just think that just because of the way my parents raised me. that I followed too old fashioned views on various things, sex being one of them, and that just held me back from being at par with other people my age?

4. nz male

nz male Senior Member

My wife had a religious upbringing & I think it may be to blame (?) for her negative ideas on some sexual acts I have tried to get her to try that she disapproves of sometimes - but I could be very wrong ?
    She has a lot of old fashioned views as well on some topics & I wish she was a bit more modern in some sexual things to. But you cant always convince some can you ?

5. G. Felix

G. Felix Guest

I had an interesting conversation with my Girlfriend and I was wondering if anyone has anything to say on the matter. I learned that my girlfriend has had quite a vividly colorful sex life ranging from anal to lesbian to three sum to crazy blowjob with various people in her life while I have been with much fewer people. Would that make your relationship with that person awkward or anything learning that from them?

6. G. Felix

G. Felix Guest

With me the subject is funny. I support sex because sex is basically the deciding factor in whether a relationship is good or not, my opinion anyway. But I guess learning that who I am romantically involved with has been around the block while I barley left the driveway kinda puts me at an unease I guess. I guess it's not that I have an issue with them and their choice of having multiple sex partners, but just how I chose to do things in life I guess if that makes sense.

7. NovexusPrime

NovexusPrime Grand Poobah

As someone in the same proverbial boat, it makes things a little awkward. But no strain, just follow her lead. No worries.

8. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Do I hear an undercurrent of envy? Might you be interested in having as much experience as she?

9. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

That just sounded like you have marbles in your mouth.

10. fragility-1523

fragility-1523 Member

I think that's the point. I think it's mature to recognise that. It's not about her choices, but the contrast that places on your own past choices.

However - you're obviously now with an adventurous, sexually out there woman, so your own fortunes have already started to change! Don't resent her for her past, after all that's the girl you fell for, and at the same time don't look back on your own journey with regret. You got a good oportunity to have the time of your life with her. Let her lead if you're unconfident, and talk to her honestly along the way.

Her past doesn't have to be a shadow you have to live in, and if you recognise that, and hold any cheap desire to be resentful, you're not going to have any issues. You'll have an experienced woman, who is now YOUR girl...

There was a time she was inexperienced too...

Enjoy ;)

11. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

My last online ex was quite experienced where sex was concerned. I'm still a virgin. But we were in love, and the experience aspect was something neither one of us focused on. All we focused on was the hope that we would someday meet for real and live happily ever after, lol. My current partner is a virgin, however.

12. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBlA_fsi_VE

C/S,
    Rev J

13. ariekanibalie

ariekanibalie Member

This seems to be the case surprisingly often, with surveys consistently showing young women on average to have more, and more varied sex than their male peers. It's basic sexonomics: the 1960s sexual revolution has broken the one man to every girl ratio characteristic of sexually regulated societies, and instead given us the current free market of sexual relations. As with any market liberalization, this has exacerbated certain immanent asymmetries.

In the modern, secular West, the sex game will tend to be a woman's market. It's easier for a young woman to find an eligible partner, because there's always a surplus of horny males on offer (though it pays to shop around a bit, before settling for just any old dick). Conversely, for most guys, even the markedly eligible ones, scarcity economics always come into play when negotiating sex, despite there being, in the West at least, roughly as many women as there are men. In religious societies, sexual order is maintained through institutional rationing of women, but in a 'free' society, no such individual guarantees can be made. Instead what you see is that a comparatively greater number of women have fully satisfactory sex lives that allow ample room for experimentation, as opposed to a smaller number of men enjoying similar good sexual fortune. This isn't to say that sexual competition among males is necessarily greater than among females, just that a far greater number of men will have to content themselves with sex lives where demand far exceeds availability.

Sexonomics aside, a disparity in past experience is nothing to be anxious about. It's nothing you can do anything about anyhow. If she's with you now, odds are she's grown out of the more experimental phase. Just remember that sex itself is not a competition, but rather more a kind of spiritual communion. If you've got a nice girl, no matter if she's been around, you should just love her with all your heart. Though it's alright to fap to any sexy stories she might have told you about her formative years.