Northerners and Southerners

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Yes I know and I am trying to be cautiously optimistic even though I still have some reservations about the vaccine .

Candy Gal likes this.
  2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I am NOT having it!

Mysteron likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

We have to make a decision over my Wifes mother who will be one of the first community categories called upon to have it .

This isn't going to be easy . I'm staying well out of it . Its really upto to my Wife,her brother and her sister to sort. . Mother in law has got early signs of dementia so she is not always aware of what is going on .

I don't think I will be having it as I don't think I need it .Its the possible side affects that I have reservations about . Some of these may not be known until a few years down the line .

Don't forget there have been 59 deaths in South Korea due to a Flu vaccine .

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And how many of those 59 would have died from Influenza in any event, had they not had the vaccine, and how many more would they have gone on to infect and put at risk of death too ???

5. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Any vaccine that has such near perfect results so quickly makes me think
    "If something seems to good to be true ....."

6. Captain Scarlet

I agree with you mate .

We have managed to keep Mother in law shielded since January . She has been safe and relativaley happy with the use of support bubbles . Last thing we want is for a vaccine to end her life now when we could keep the status quo we have now and keep her safe. . But like I said its gong to be the decision of other family members .

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  7. Captain Scarlet

Does that make it Okay ?

I dare say you will do your own risk assessment before having the jab.

Likewise we will have to do ours .

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  8. WOLF ANGEL

Is Vlad is Volunteering (?) we'll watch this space

Mysteron likes this.
  9. Captain Scarlet

Apparently he is Wolfy .

He mentioned that on another thread . So good luck to him .

But what may be right for him may not be right for everyone else . Even Boris has been cautious over it .

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  10. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

When I read this I first thought you'd dropped acid.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  11. Vladimir Illich

Yes, as a matter of fact I have volunteered to be amongst some of the first to try and test the vaccine..

WOLF ANGEL and Mysteron like this.
  12. WOLF ANGEL

LOL.

Joshua Tree and Mysteron like this.
  13. WOLF ANGEL

Very commendable - but rather others than I.
    (I'm still a bit sceptical)

Mysteron likes this.
  14. WOLF ANGEL

I dont know whichever 'other' thread you posted this on - it is commendable for you to do so, I am a degree more cautious
    It would be interesting to see how you get on with it

Mysteron likes this.
  15. Candy Gal

I am not trying it!!!!
    NO WAY

Mysteron likes this.
  16. Captain Scarlet

[​IMG]

Candy Gal likes this.
  17. Vladimir Illich

I think perhaps you might care to rethink this Candy darlin'

This Scientist Just Gave The Best Explanation Of Covid Vaccine Safety
    "The risk of having a severe outcome from Covid-19 far outweighs any theoretical risk of a vaccine," Robin Shattock told BBC Question Time.

An immunologist has been praised for setting out a “brilliant” explanation of why we should trust Covid-19 vaccines, such as the Pfizer vaccine announced as more than 90% effective on Monday.

The anti-vaxxer movement has, perhaps unsurprisingly, opposed Covid vaccines from the start, spreading baseless conspiracy theories both online and on the street at lockdown protests.

But even outside of these circles, the speed with which the vaccine has been developed – far faster than our usual understanding of how long it takes to reach such a development – has left many with questions about its safety.

Appearing on BBC Question Time, Professor Robin Shattock, an immunologist based at Imperial College London, sought to explain why we should be confident about vaccines.

He said: “I think we need to remember that vaccines, next to clean water, have been the single most effective public health implementation globally.

“They’ve saved more lives than any other medicines. People are concerned about this vaccine because they perceive that it’s been done too quickly, and actually we’ve done a disservice by saying ‘it takes ten years to make a vaccine’.

“Vaccines, next to clean water, have been the single most effective public health implementation globally.”

Immunologist @robin_shattock tells #bbcqt that people concerned about the Covid vaccine should be reassured that they have "saved more lives than any other medicine”. pic.twitter.com/x24RLwSm6T

— BBC Question Time (@bbcquestiontime) November 12, 2020
    “Technology is changing very very quickly, and what has happened is the same number of participants have been exposed to this particular vaccine, 43,000 participants.”

Among the fears shared by those sceptical of a Covid-19 vaccine is the possibility of side effects that may not have had time to materialise as the trials have progressed.

But Shattock explained: “When you’re looking at side effects, most side effects occur very quickly. Within a week or so of have having a vaccine we would see any severe side effect at this stage.

“No regulatory authority, whether it’s the UK Medicines Regulatory Authority, or the European Regulatory Authority or the FDA will let anything go through that doesn’t have a totally squeaky clean safety record.

“One thing that I think people completely forget is that a vaccine stimulates your immune system, it tricks it to see if it’s seen the virus, so you’re getting an aspect of the infection that’s so much minor than the real virus.

“So when you think about the risk-benefit, the risk of having a severe outcome from Covid-19 far outweighs any theoretical risk of a vaccine, and the problem is that vaccines are so successful that diseases go away and all you see are the side effects.”

Amid months of pandemic disinformation, Shattock earned praise after a clip of his argument was posted on Twitter, with social media users complementing his “brilliant”, “clear” explanation.

A brilliant explanation last night by Prof @robin_shattock of Imperial on #bbcqt on why vaccines are such a huge benefit to mankind and for Covid19 a light at end of the tunnel.
    Paracetamol has a huge list of unlikely side effects listed too!

Candy Gal likes this.
  18. Candy Gal

Nope, I am still skeptical.

Mysteron likes this.
  19. Captain Scarlet

I don't think I will be having it .I don't think I need it

I don't trust anything endorsed by this Scumbag Government .They havnt got anything right yet when it comes to Covid policies or any other policy come to think of it.

Candy Gal likes this.
  20. Candy Gal

This is true, so true.

Mysteron likes this.