North Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by thatblindguy, Oct 5, 2013.

1. thatblindguy

thatblindguy Member

Temple University is one of the colleges I'm considering applying to. Is North Philly really as dangerous as it's reputation suggests? I've heard it can get pretty sketchy. Also, is Temple pretty liberal? I'm looking for friendly, laid back hippy/psychonaut types.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

born and raised on a playground is where i spent most of my dayss

chillin out maxin relaxin all cool

and all shootin some b ball outside of the school

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I'm only vaguely familiar with North Philly. But I got a couple really good stories about West Philly if you wanna hear one..

4. KevinH

KevinH Just Floating Here

Parts of it can be pretty bad. Staying near campus is best. Lots of students have moved off campus-but you are surrounded by some pretty bad areas. Lots of students end up living in other parts of the city and taking public trans during the day.

You have to be more careful there than in other parts of the city.

Temple is like most colleges these days-big enough to find any group that you want to find.

5. thatblindguy

thatblindguy Member

I'll probably be staying on campus. As I have low vision, I probably won't be going far from campus. Wouldn't want to lose myself in philly.

6. Sig

Sig Senior Member

When a couple of guys, they were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood.

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air".

(Its west Philly, but who cares)