Nooooooo

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Green, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Green

Green Iconoclastic

I don't want to learn about the Magna Carta. :(

2. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

.. i'm sorry?

3. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I don't want to learn about the Magma Chamber. :(

4. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

1215... nobles... :eek:

I think the magna carta is probably one of the top three documents of historical prominence.

5. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

I live near where they signed it, every time I drive past its like "hey thats where they signed the magna carta"

Wild no?

6. Orsino2

I would like to steal it one day and nail it to my wall

7. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

George, that's horrible!! :(

Just use sticky tack, geeze... have some respect.

8. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Oh no. Learning about an important part of your history. It affects American's too.
    It's rather interesting in my book - Then again, I love anything dealing with England.

Orsino- I applaude you for your picture of the REAL confederate flag, not the battle flag everyone seems so enamored with. While I am Northern (therefore side with the union ;)), I can appreciate someone who knows his (or her) history.

9. Orsino2

Actually, it's not the battle flag that is the most popular, it's the Confederate naval jack.

I still call it the war of Northern Aggression as opposed to the "civil" war. If Lincoln hadn't wanted to dominate industry along with the newly-founded Republican party, Alabama wouldn't still be in poverty because of their lack of shoreline today. Not only that, but my Cherokee and Seminole ancestors wouldn't have been raped and their land seized by the union... After everything the Union did, I'll be shampooed if they didn't join the CSA and charge at General Ulysses S. Grant himself (a horrible president--like he gave a flying rat's ass about reconstruction). Half the men in my family perished at Appomattox, VA and in the defense of the saltmine they worked at in Saltville. Eventually came a sad ending with the trail of tears, indian removal act, with President James Monroe overseeing it... I've visited the graves of John Tyler, James Monroe, Washington, as well as the Lee Chapel and Crypt in Lexington, VA. I really think I can't count how many famous graves I've been to... I live a couple hours South of Stratford Hall and Mount Vernon, two or three West of Monticello (been there too)...

I would die for history...

Lt. Quartermaster G. Snow, MacGrudor-Ewell Camp #99, Sons of Confederate Veterans.

[​IMG]

10. Jahagafut

Jahagafut Member

11. spooner

spooner is done.

And the other half owned slaves.

We can just agree that both North and South of America suck(ed?) balls.

12. Orsino2

Well, if you really want to get down to number crunching, New York City had almost as many as Charleston... and the South owned two percent, majority being in North Carolina for tobacco, as opposed to the stereotypical "cotton pickin' minute"... etc. All the North did is try to make it illegal through state governments faster than we could and use it as the same kind of excuse that Bush is using to go to war.. "OMGz...the terrorists"

Newsflash, Osama Bin Laden is not the only terrorist in the world... and once you get him, that'll just piss off everyone else and they'll just keep on moving up in command.

Oh yeah, and did we forget that they believe in polygamy = more children, = cranking out more soldiers.

13. spooner

spooner is done.

I'm not defending the north here.

14. Orsino2

Hell if I would either. My town's population doubled because of New Yorkers and Washingtonians...

My neighbor was a congresswoman.

Bill Clinton said that in DC, your only real friend is your dog... suppose that's why he had buddy.

15. wildflowereyes

why do we always argue about the north vs. the south? that all happened so long ago.

16. Orsino2

Because it's the same shit that's happening today and the majority of people around the world don't realize that history repeats itself isn't just said for the hell of it.

In fact, if people look at the mistakes that were made in warfare and foreign relations, then, there wouldn't be any problems now.

And if Kim Jong Il wasn't so hardheaded, he'd realize that Hitler, Mussolini, Castro, and everyone else that was a dictator would probably tell him to shut the hell up and quit being stupid because it just doesn't work like that.

In fact, I like to view the world like it's an Austin Powers movie... Dr. Evil hijacks the world with a nuclear warhead and it's up to some guys nobody even knows to try and save it.

17. wildflowereyes

so.. you're breaking away from the north again? which half is better isnt relevant to today, in my opinion.

18. spooner

spooner is done.

i have little sympathy for either.

19. Freekske

Freekske Member

Go Europe!!

I'm sorry

20. Orsino2

You really don't see the point do you?...

It's not who is better, but what stupid shit that our country is doing in foreign relations and control today that we did 150 years ago that could be fixed by glancing at shit that has already hit the fan.