Noel Prior...

Discussion in 'UK Music Forum' started by TheFly, Aug 16, 2005.

1. TheFly

TheFly Member

Time for another recomendation...

I got Noel's album Ideas on Saturday after ordering it off his website... www.beanrecords.com

And I've been listening to it a lot since...

Here is some blurb from his website...Noel Prior began songwriting and performing at the age of 12. Now aged 21 he has developed an original style of blues and country influenced acoustic music. These influences stem from listening to artists such as 'Jimi Hendrix', 'Eric Clapton' and 'The Ozark Mountain Daredevils' as a child. Noel has performed in many bands over the years but finds his best work is expressed through his solo material. The latest album 'Ideas' was a year long project, gathering inspiration from 'Liverpool' where he was a student studying BA(Hons) Sound Technology. The originality and unique songwriting style, comparable to that of 'Beck' can be clearly witnessed in 'Ideas'.

Now I don't listen to acoustic folk/blues/whatever very much... but I like this album very much and heartily reccomend you chaps have a listen... there are samples on the aforementioned website to give you a taster...

If you play acoustic blues/folk/jazz.stuff then Noel is also always happy for people to contact him if you want to sell stuff through his website... there is also an unsigned bands section that Jaz may want to put something up regarding Tankus...

However, there is one more reason why I want to get you guys to listen to Noel's stuff... coz I used to be his Form Tutor when he was a little squirt in my beloved schoool... before he went off on his life of unimaginable talent and adventure... he was always a talented little bastard and I'm extraordinarily happy to see hime making music... you see, sometimes being a teacher pays off with big rewards...

His older sister, Sarah Prior, is also jolly well talented... and, since being taught by me, she has gone on to be... a drama teacher... how cool is that?...

So go on... buy a copy and make a grumpy old fuckwit very happy...

Fly...