nobody likes sports!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Boogabaah, Feb 1, 2009.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

nobody likes food!

2. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

girls with straight hair do occasionally.

nobody likes a smart-ass.

3. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

nobody likes 200,000 sports fans.

5. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

nobody likes sports.

6. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

but... I like sports.

like BASEketball. I have some mean psyche-outs.

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

thats fine... what i really mean is no one like over paid assholes that play sports. if you're doing it for fun.. go for it, but if you're and over paid asshole.. you're and asshole.

nobody likes over paid sports assholes. (especially me)

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

ya know, i can actually get behind this.

although i wouldn't go so far as to consider somebody an asshole just for accepting millions of dollars to do a fun, easy job. but most people who are paid millions of dollars to play sports also happen to be assholes, and it is pretty retarded to pay anyone that much money to do anything.

9. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

No, intelligent people realise that you don't have to run around all day screaming and yelling, or wear obnoxious colours and drink energy drinks to get exercise.

Most people who are "into" sports tend to spend most of their time in pubs boasting about how great their team is, or trying to appear interesting by discussing sports politics.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

indeed, sports are inherently bad because of the actions of some people who enjoy them. :rolleyes:

11. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

What?

12. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

You forgot the part that they are more muscular than you, and you feel intimidated.

13. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

well I think their money is well earned.

athletes such as football and basketball players spend a shit ton of physical energy doing what they do. constant work outs, team training, along with travel, and then being put in the spotlight. I think that comes at some sort of cost.

now are they deserving of 8 million dollars? probably not. but i think a phat ghetto check is rightfully theirs.

14. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Dunno about bad, just utterly mediocre and generally participated and followed by people with a limited capacity for intelligent conversation.

15. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Who says I don't have muscles?

16. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

If the opening post had said Nobody Likes Sports Fans, you may be on the right track here, but it didn't.

I like sports and I neither wear dayglo, go to the pub nor run around all day.

17. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

You live in Thailand. Ever been to the UK on a saturday afternoon?

18. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

I used to manage a bar about 1km from Stamford Bridge called 'The Blue Room' and that's why I understand the slant of your post. That doesn't mean to say sports are shit, just the people with so little else to do in their sad existences that they treat their team like a religion are shit.

#edit : even then, they should be able to waste their lives however they see fit.

19. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I just find the whole sports culture abhorrent. I'm into exercise and fitness though, but I just can't stand competitive sports, all the shouting and boasting. Some of my friends like to follow a bit of footie, and sometimes the grand prix and it pisses me off when I go round to their house and they start watching it. Seen one football match, seen them all.

20. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I hate the fact that sportsmen and women are paid vast amounts of money to get super fit participating in sporting activities that contribute nothing to the world other than entertaining dullards, whilst I get paid much less to work in environments that are often damaging to my overall health and fitness.