No Sunday evenings

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Z-Man1983, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Z-Man1983

Z-Man1983 Members

so as a child I remember Sundays being church days. Morning & evening services. But I’m trying to find my faith yet I’ve discovered most churches don’t hold Sunday evening services anymore. Why is that?

2. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

i'm not sure but it saddens me i used 2 enjoy the evening services they were more laid back. have u tried a catholic church??? they usually have saturday evening services.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

every day has an evening. when i was growing up, all days were equal,

i too find pretending to know things that are not known comforting, though i find equally comforting that what is not known is also not subject to human limitations

i don't mean to rain on anyone's perade, of finding comfort in some shared, mostly harmless ritual.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've never known a church to hold Sunday evening mass other than wednesdays and Saturdays. Of course the evening mass always went a lot quicker too with next to nobody in there so I always asked my folks, why can't we do this on Saturday?? Apparently it's not the social interaction they wanted.

5. Z-Man1983

Z-Man1983 Members

Sorry I don’t prescribe to the catholic beliefs and I’m
    Always working Saturdays. Besides I was told Sunday is the day of sabbath not Saturday

6. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Actually, "Sundays being church days" is custom and not a rule. Christian were admonished at Galatians 4:9-11 not to be "observing special days and months and seasons and years" and so any day can be used to continue gathering together.

7. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

For Israelites, God assigned Saturday as the Sabbath but Christians, contrary to what 7th Day Adventists say, have no "assigned" Sabbath day.

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It seems like part of organized religion is always having at least one day of worship per week. My parents go to church several times a week though as they are readers at mass.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

every day has an evening, and a morning of the next.

10. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

Trying to find your faith? You're looking in the wrong places. Try what I did. Write down the things about God and creation that MAKE SENSE to you. Mull it over (took me years) and forget everything you were taught. Look for a group that shares your beliefs and join it if you wish. If you decided on an organized religion, you fucked up. Mine turned out to be basic Pagan as done maybe 15,000 years ago. "Do as you wish as long as none are harmed". No fancy shit, fees or complex bullshit. Feasts? Oh hell yeah! No harm there.

This might help:

Blank Title