No sex before marriage

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by telepylus, Aug 20, 2005.

1. benj

benj Member

white ginger, I don't disagree at all with you that sexual intercourse may be the most intimate sexual act. Each type of sexual act has its own degree of intimacy and/or emotional feeling that it gives you or your partner. But I think in the context of telepylus's posts, it is very much about one's definition of having sex. It seems very important to telepylus for him to say that they are waiting until marriage to have sex. And the only way he can say that with a straight face is for them to try to convince each other, and others, that anything other than regular intercourse is not sex. If they were really honest, they would just say that they are waiting until marriage to have intercourse. I'd have no problem with that if that's what they want to do. But to try to convince people that just because they're not having intercourse they are not really having sex is ludicrous.

2. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

Ah I see.

On another note, I'm not planning on waiting until I'm married to have intercourse or sex.. Since I don't plan on getting married that would be pointlessly exhausting, wouldn't you say?

3. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

lol i aint waited till im married, what if you dont find the one you love until your like 40. wow think of all the banging you could have done lol

4. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

Im scared for your lover, becuase when you capitalize No, it means No.

5. ihatejacknjills

ihatejacknjills Member

If a girl i was interested in told me she didn't believe in sex before marriage and I thought she was being serious I'd lose interest straight away. I think its pointless. I can understand how in the past it could have been a useful idea when birth control wasn't very good but now I think it's pointless.

6. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

As long as gay couples are barred from getting married, the question is absurd, as far as I'm concerned.

-- Skeeter

7. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

I think sex is a beautiful, fun thing. It can be a truly magical experience, the bond you can have with that other person is AMAZING.

but, I just do't see how that feeling is made any less if you are not married. I mean it's not like marriage is any guarantee of lasting love anyway.

As long as you are safe, as long as no one is getting hurt (so yeah, it's not AT ALL like cocaine) then i think sex is a beautiful way to express how you feel, to show how much you love someone. And giving yourself to someone that completely is always going to be a grea thing, even if it is just for the present.
    You don't need to wait to say I do, love and expressions of that love can just as special without a wedding.