No recession huh?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Higherthanhell, Mar 13, 2008.

1. stev90

stev90 Banned

Acqua,
    Please stop trolling this board.

2. stev90

stev90 Banned

I get my information pointing in another direction for free, from trolls like you posting in this thread. :)

3. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

perhaps you could have condensed your ideas into one post, i guess thats what you do when you have no more intelligent arguments to present

4. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

this isn't the only recession that has ever happened, not sure if you were old enough to have understood the 2001 recession but inflation was much higher and people survived

5. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

well do you remember the 2001 recession? inflation was much higher and people made it through

6. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

in what way, i only asked people to present their evidence, people call me an idiot because they have no more arguments left? and my posts get deleted even they i wasn't cussing @ anyone...

7. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

As to the accuracy of the depression statistics:

http://www.portfolio.com/news-markets/national-news/portfolio/2007/08/13/Unemployment-Rate-Numbers

The first collection of data didn't happen until 1937, all other figures can only be viewed as extrapolations.

8. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

the general condition of the market was bad... I'm not saying everyone made it through, I'm sure some people lost their homes and jobs due to it, but still the economy recovered and so did the public

9. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

10. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

banned for asking questions and making you think?

11. stev90

stev90 Banned

So now, you're back-tracking and reversing yourself, and you call this engaging in a "debate".

Admit it. You're just a troll and should be banned.

12. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

no... when did i never say the 2001 recession wasn't bad, I said all along it was bad, and people still made it through.

13. stev90

stev90 Banned

Oh, those are the typical troll excuses and modus operandi, as is obviously your case.

14. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

Because the unemployment rate is based on a relatively small sample of the population, it has a significant margin of error. For any given month, the number needs to move by more than 0.2 percentage points for statisticians to be sure that it even moved at all. In 2006, that occurred only three times.

again another quote from your link, i said okay add 0.3 to it but even they say it only sometimes needs to be moved by .2

15. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

why have you stopped talking about the actual subject and turned to personal attacks?

16. stev90

stev90 Banned

Every recession IS bad.
    People do make it through, even cockroaches make it through somehow.

The point of this thread is recession, especially as it pertains to current government fiscal and monetary policies.

Insisting that your point is that people do survive in a recession is moot.
    Even the caveman somehow made it through.

It's government policies as to how they relate to and affect when a recession happens that's the topic of this thread.

17. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

2001 wasn't a good year for a lot of people.

http://www.usmayors.org/uscm/news/press_releases/documents/hunger_121101.asp

18. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Thanx! I like discussions hate having to wade though the "crap" that really has nothing to do with the discussion. I mean, come on, use a word processor flame all you want, you can call the person an idiot and cuss all you want. Then just delete those parts before you post! That will help you see how much you’ve actually added to the thread!

PS Using a word processor will help to fix all the spelling and grammatical errors which can be distracting.

19. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

okay, i already outlined how unemployment is calculated and presented the data , what the inflation rate is compared to previous recessions/years, what the GDP growth is now and what it is projected to be, and a basic outline of what the government should do to try to get us out of this recession if you could just tell me your version of these few things the debate could move past name calling

20. acga5

acga5 Senior Member