No recession huh?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Higherthanhell, Mar 13, 2008.

1. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

there was 23.6% unemployment during 1932, and 21.7% in 1933, perhaps the same people that feed you their useless and random gusses which you dont even try to take a second look at, if im wrong, what is the true rate of inflation and unemployment, and don't just quote some random people who are trying to get media attention by painting a doom and gloom scenario I want to see their research first

still 23.6% of the labor force being unemployed is huge more than 2 out of every 10 people didnt have a job(wells thats not really true, more than 2/10 of the labor force didn't have a job not the entire population), even then over 70% of the labor force was employed

also, please refrain from just attacking the source and writing it off and B.S, instead try to prove how the data itself is incorrect

why is it that everytime i prove you wrong fed up you just delete my post instead of actually responding to it like the intelligent person you claim to be

you simply edit your buddies crap and delete mine when it was much less offensive, and the other post you deleted didn't even have any bad language in it, all it did was prove you wrong and you got mad :-(

2. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

i feel bad that some people have to stoop so low
    deleting posts that you cannot refute is not the way to get your point across or win an argument

3. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

my last few posts contained nothing that was inflamatory.... I was simply asking you to prove that my data was "bullshit" and i only asked you to provide your versions of the data and you just deleted my posts because i assume you couldn't

if trolling is asking people to back up their claims, or if trolling is providing YOUR own stats and data to back up your opinion then I guess I would be a troll...

now of course you will claim that it was all wrong and bs and i was actually trolling because the posts are gone and no one can prove anything right...

you claim i post propaganda, but you can't refute my stats because you have none of your own, you can't even say why my numbers are wrong or incorrect execpt for because it comes from the government it must be wrong( i really don't feel like typing it all out for you people again if you just get mad at being proven wrong and delete the post)

4. stev90

stev90 Banned

Acqua, if someone got laid off, lost his job and couldn't find work fast, didn't have a lot of savings to get through this economic downturn including rising gasoline prices, declining value of the dollar, the housing and financial market mess we are in, I don't think this person could give a rat's ass as to the technicalities, statistics and other b.s. as to how unemployment is exactly measured, because clearly, if someone lost his job and couldn't find work fast in this current state of the economy, he or she is clearly screwed, unless they benefitted from Bush and his fellow government thugs' raping of the American people.

In that sense, if you insist on outlining the technicalities and other arcane statistics as to how unemployment is exactly measured, you are clearly spreading bullshit, lies and guilty of misleading everyone else, just like George Bush and other political thugs misled and continue to mislead this country.

This is like getting hit by an arrow, and instead of pulling it out of your ass, you insist on finding out first, the origin, manufacturer, date when the arrow was made, etc.

Issue #1 America's Money
    http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/americas_money/2008/?cnn=yes

5. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

the point is, 95.1% of the labor force has a job, yeah life must suck for those 4.9%, but the vast majority of the labor force is employed, i am not misleading anyone(only 5% of the labor force has been looking for a job and being unable to find one for over four weeks), you are the ones who are misleading people by saying that the economy is worse than it really is, im not saying everyone is going to be fine and there is no economic downturn, im saying the vast majority of people will be able to make it through this

even if you watch the farmer one, things aren't that bad, because the price of food has skyrocketed and they are recouping their costs (maybe not 100% off setting the increase in the cost of oil for some) but it reality it isn't dooms day for farmers(also, people in the UK and Canada pay MUCH more than Americans pay for gasoline and oil so I don't know what all the crying is about)

also, the Fed has injected 400billion in liquidity into the mortgage markets in order to promote more lending, they agreed to accept the banks high risk sub prime loans as colleratal, the banks will obviously be much more willing to loan out money if the Fed is pretty much taking the risk so the "harder to get loan thing" is false

6. stev90

stev90 Banned

Wow! Finally, the Fed has come to the rescue and all is well.
    The Fed injecting $ 400 billion while the national debt is $ 9.2 trillion is like spitting in a shithole and thinking the shithole will be filled up.

Also, it doesn't matter if 95.1 percent of people have jobs, but it is the quality of the jobs, how much the jobs pay, how the people can afford the cost of living including how much they are able to save, assuming there is any money left.

Just because you claim that 95.1 percent of Americans have jobs is painting an all too rosy scenario, that things aren't that bad, you seem to be out of touch with reality, similar to a typical Bush Neo-con spin on things.

Tell me again, who is spreading lies.

U.S. National Debt is $ 9.2 trillion
    http://www.federalbudget.com/

7. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

do you even understand what the national debt means or represents?I didn't lie about a single thing so shut your mouth and think before you talk. At least people have jobs, and will be able to survive, maybe wages aren't keeping up with the cost of living, but people can still survive, even in 2001 just 7years ago, the inflation rate was near 8%? did we go into a depression, did all hell break loose?

[​IMG]

and this is the nominal debt of course, not adjusted for inflation :)

and the really funny part is that you are posting figures that come from the U.S government department of treasury lol ( I guess that is the only department that isn't corrupt right?) who knows, the debt could be 100 trillion and we are all being lied to, our only source for this info is the U.S gov /me gasp

8. stev90

stev90 Banned

Debt simply means money owed with interests accrued.

The biggest owner of Treasury debt is the government itself, accounting for a little more than 50%, which means the government is borrowing money from itself.

Borrowing money from yourself while you're currently in debt is like borrowing money from borrowed money. This is similar to digging yourself a deeper hole rather than quickly getting out of the hole.

The next biggest chunk 25% is held by foreign governments...

Just who owns the U.S. national debt?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17424874/

9. stev90

stev90 Banned

Do you even understand when a moderator tells you to "stop flaming others" and FINAL WARNING means?

10. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

yeah and calling someone a liar is not flaming, bolding things doesn't improve the strength of your argument if you haven't found out yet.

11. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

the government doesn't borrow money from itself, it prints out money and creates securities, it doesn't sell all of its securities on the open market, it retains some of it,(it sells them when it tries to boost economic growth and buys them back when it wants to reduce inflation from an overheated economy)

spending money in effective ways during an economic downturn along with a drop in the overnight rate is the way you get out of it

trying to pay down the national debt leads to a contraction of the money supply which slows down the economy, this is something you don't want... unless you have large amount of inflation

through deficit spending you can boost the economy and real GDP, which, in turn may cause the nominal national debt to increase, but the % of the national debt to the GDP goes down, so the debt will decrease relative to GDP... also, if you look at the % the nation debt is of the GDP and compare it to other nations you will see that the U.S actually has a fairly low debt relative to its GDP

trying to rapidly pay down the debt would result in a depression for the U.S... along with a probable global depression as the U.S economy crashed...good thing you aren't making the economic decisions, national debt is very different from personal debt

12. stev90

stev90 Banned

Information coming from a U.S. government department such as the treasury does not mean, that they are all false. Such information has merit, but the public clearly need to know more.

Unfortunately, until recently, there were still quite a few people in government who seriously cared about the issue, as evidenced by the recent resignation of David Walker, former Comptroller David M. Walker, Comptroller General of the United States and head of the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO).

U.S. Comptroller General resigns
    http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS211607+19-Feb-2008+PRN20080219

13. stev90

stev90 Banned

Is there a big difference between the flame you said as opposed to what I highlighted?

If a highlighted word was a flame then every printed word and character more than 2 pixels in size would be considered a "flame".?

14. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

ive been hear for a while and have noticed tthat discourse has degenerated over time! lots of pepole have left these forums for this reason!! things like shut your mouth, are childish at best! it used to be that things were disscussed!! without this crap! and everyones opinion was respected!!! apparently that is not the case anymore! even the mods are getting sucked into this shit! if you cant play nice dont play at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

I don't get this - by getting the definition of unemployment right, you are spreading bullshit and lies, and guilty of misleading everyone?

So the honest thing to do is to get it wrong?

This misunderstanding of how unemployment is calculated is a popular urban myth, and should be pointed out.

16. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Even the household sampling that is done is not totally accurate:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/11/17/BU239666.DTL

17. stev90

stev90 Banned

What one needs to do is to use common sense, assuming of course, that one has one.

Meaning to say, don't believe everything you hear and say from the government only and completely and treat them as written in stone.

I think, this is a familiar flaw due to our culture's upbringing or rather brainwashing, along the themes of "God, country, president" as if these concepts are somehow, perfect, impeccable, absolute, and not to be questioned.

The common sense approach is to gather as much information as one can and from there make one's own decisions.

18. gardener

Kudos Stev90 well said.

And I find it strange that in some areas of the country unemployment statistics during the depression are missing totally. So how accurate can those statistics be overall. They are simply used by speculators as trend indicators. These are the same people that are saying a depression or long term recession can never happen again.

http://eh.net/Clio/Publications/unemployment.html

19. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

20. gardener

Yeah but that's like when Bill Clinton said he created jobs, and the man in the audience responded by saying he had two of them.