No recession huh?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Higherthanhell, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

2. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

^ i dont even support bush btw just pointing out the facts

3. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

The president's answer to everything is keep spending. Hard to do when you haven't got any money, and the creditors are knocking on the door.

4. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

obviously you don't have the intelligence of a monkey(you attack me when your facts are incorrect... and accuse me of spreading bullshit), which can be see in your picture there, you are an over the top atheist who always tries to flame people and push his beliefs onto them, the only way you countered my stats was to say they are "bullshit" good one, also, you obviously don't even know how they calculate unemployment... let me explain it for you sir

there are people who are employed who have jobs
    there are people who are over 16 who are looking for a job but can't find one these people are unemployed
    and there are people who don't want a job and aren't looking for one, these people are not in the labor force

"

Other people think that the Government counts every unemployed person each month. To do this, every home in the country would have to be contacted--just as in the population census every 10 years. This procedure would cost way too much and take far too long. Besides, people would soon grow tired of having a census taker come to their homes every month, year after year, to ask about job-related activities.

Because unemployment insurance records relate only to persons who have applied for such benefits, and since it is impractical to actually count every unemployed person each month, the Government conducts a monthly sample survey called the Current Population Survey (CPS) to measure the extent of unemployment in the country. The CPS has been conducted in the United States every month since 1940 when it began as a Work Projects Administration project. It has been expanded and modified several times since then. As explained later, the CPS estimates, beginning in 1994, reflect the results of a major redesign of the survey.

There are about 60,000 households in the sample for this survey. The sample is selected so as to be representative of the entire population of the United States. In order to select the sample, first, the 3,141 counties and county-equivalent cities in the country are grouped into 1,973 geographic areas. The Bureau of the Census then designs and selects a sample consisting of 754 of these geographic areas to represent each State and the District of Columbia. The sample is a State-based design and reflects urban and rural areas, different types of industrial and farming areas, and the major geographic divisions of each State.

Each of the 754 areas in the sample is subdivided into enumeration districts of about 300 households. The enumeration districts, in turn, are divided into smaller clusters of about four dwelling units each, through the use of address lists, detailed maps, and other sources. Then, the clusters to be surveyed are chosen statistically, and the households in these clusters are interviewed. Every month, one-fourth of the households in the sample are changed, so that no household is interviewed more than 4 consecutive months. This practice avoids placing too heavy a burden on the households selected for the sample. After a household is interviewed for 4 consecutive months, it leaves the sample for 8 months and then is again interviewed for the same 4 calendar months a year later, before leaving the sample for good. This procedure results in approximately 75 percent of the sample remaining the same from month to month and 50 percent from year to year. "

then its the #of unemployed/ labor force x100 for your unemployment rate

of course this is all government propaganda and they just count all the people collecting unemployment benefits right

5. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

what is your other option? save? reduce spending?(if they didnt waste their money in Iraq I guess..) but spending less just causes a slow down in the economy, if everyone just stops spending the economy would collapse

what you have to do is cut interest rates when the economy is suffering from recession or is in a downturn and have the government invest in the infrastructure of the country(which they aren't doing) which starts a cycle of economic growth and development

6. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

7. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

Well if he has any decency he will prove me wrong instead of banning me and saying o wow that guy was "stupid".

and of course his buddies that attacked me just as much don't get anything, what a joke

8. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

9. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

which part of what im saying is "neocon", when someone accuses you of "spreading bullshit" just because we don't agree on something forces to me to respond, and I'd rather be banned than just sit down and say okay you're correct

10. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

11. stev90

stev90 Banned

Ooooh, tsk! tsk! tsk! :eek:
    Hey, acqua, insulting a moderator is not a very smart thing to do.

You have already been warned, buddy.

What part of FINAL WARNING don't you understand??? :)

12. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

well when the moderator is someone who accuses me of spreading bullshit and not having enough intelligence to carry on a debate when his "facts" are clearly incorrect it upsets me

13. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

well the funny part is your idea of how unemployment is measured is a common misconspection, and i clearly outlined for you how it is actually measured so please tell me what part of the outline was misleading or incorrect

14. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

ill write it out again...

this it how it works,

there are three groups of people, those who are currently employed, those who are over 16 and are currently looking for work(have been for at least four weeks, any less than that and its called frictional unemployment and is not included in the unemployment numbers), and those who are unemployed and are not seeking out work

they in no way shape or form count the # of people who are on unemployment to determine the unemployment rate

"
    There are about 60,000 households in the sample for this survey. The sample is selected so as to be representative of the entire population of the United States. In order to select the sample, first, the 3,141 counties and county-equivalent cities in the country are grouped into 1,973 geographic areas. The Bureau of the Census then designs and selects a sample consisting of 754 of these geographic areas to represent each State and the District of Columbia. The sample is a State-based design and reflects urban and rural areas, different types of industrial and farming areas, and the major geographic divisions of each State."

"
    Every month, one-fourth of the households in the sample are changed, so that no household is interviewed more than 4 consecutive months. This practice avoids placing too heavy a burden on the households selected for the sample. After a household is interviewed for 4 consecutive months, it leaves the sample for 8 months and then is again interviewed for the same 4 calendar months a year later, before leaving the sample for good. This procedure results in approximately 75 percent of the sample remaining the same from month to month and 50 percent from year to year."

its NOT very much reading, just read it and tell me which part they are lying about, they cant take a national census of every american every month...

then once they find the # of people over 16 who are looking for work but cant find it, they divide that number by the labor force, x100 to find the unemployment rate,

"Labor force measures are based on the civilian noninstitutional population 16 years old and over. Excluded are persons under 16 years of age, all inmates of institutions and persons on active duty in the Armed Forces."

they clearly outline exactly how they calculate the unemployment rate, yet you people who say the unemployment rate is much higher can't provide any data to support this execpt for a very limited group of people who just blow smoke and guess their numbers

this isn't a bush invented method this has been used since 1940, there are 1500 experts from all over the country who help figure this number out and analyze the data, there is very limited to NO data supporting your side(well you haven't presented it yet at least) all you say it oh its government bs so its all wrong, well instead of attacking the source try to attack the numbers or the data please

would be like me writing off everything you say as conspiracy nut bs and deleting your posts instead of actually trying to respond logically to them

and regarding the original topic
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080315/wall_main.html

15. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

i've never understood why people shit bricks about the national economy. there is allways jobs and work out there no matter how bad things are. the problem is we are never educated about how to find work. most people never think outside the box. their just to damn lazy to do that. there are one hell of alot of jobs being created by the "recession." just need to be flexable and educated about how to "live high on the hog" even during "bad times." people allways ask me "how do you do it?" i allways tell them how, and never hide it from them. allmost all of them look at me like i farted. the few who listen, allmost allways prosper during "bad times."

16. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

17. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

nice personal attack.... you're a joke, well he is right, even during the great depression at its worst point 75% of people who wanted jobs had them

18. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

19. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

you have truly demonstrated your intelligence

20. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I don't know where they taught you that. Perhaps the same people that feed you the employment statistics.