No recession huh?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Higherthanhell, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

2. polecat

polecat Weerd

3. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Yeah, I think it's pretty well-known that Bush lies about pretty much everything.

5. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

6. Ozone

Ozone Member

We're not in a recession, you dumbass.

A recession is two or more quarters where GDP doesn't increase. Has that happened? No.

End of discussion.

7. polecat

polecat Weerd

ok, "Economic Downturn". With a generous side of inflation.

8. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Even the media says we're in a recession. Anyone who says we're not is as dumb as Bush... if not dumber than Bush.

10. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

gold was 300 an oz and oil was 35 :p

11. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

you must be a full blown retard if you think that

times are tough but they aren't that bad... unless you got greedy and took out one of those huge loans w/ shitty credit

12. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

13. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

no just one of the ones who had enough sense to invest in gold during 2001

and grab an econ textbook please, do we even have 20% unemployment??? (great depression was even higher) do we have negative growth in the economy? or 2.2% growth ? do a we have a 4.9% global growth rate or a negative one? (surely other countries wouldn't be growing so much while the U.S is in a depression!)

14. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

15. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

that was a well thought out response

16. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

17. stev90

stev90 Banned

Why do you need an official declaration from the government of a recession??

If someone got laid off, lost his job and couldn't find work, the cost of living is going through the roof, while the dollar erodes in value, does he need an official declaration from the government that there is or there is not, a recession??

U.S. Faces Severe Recession
    http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/03/14/us_faces_severe_recession_nbers_feldstein/

By the way, the Vietnam War was never officially declared, and I'm sure you know that millions of people died including thousands of Americans.

This is like that big burly prison convict, butt-fucking you and saying "I'm not raping you, dumbass, just shut up."
    :cuss:

18. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

the way i see it is it could be a whole lot worse(and it will be),the problem i see is that there masking how serious the problems are and putting bandaids on open wounds.. all the while the problems fester like a open wound..

its just a matter of time before a major collapse comes IMO..

as far as other countries still seeing growth etc. they are coming to the end of there roll.. the dollar is sinking too low,the exchange rates are getting too lopsided.. i saw where the ECB was considering buying dollars just to take some off the market to curb the exchange rate.

recession? it is in my world,i work construction,my paycheck is off by about 20% paid 4.17 a gallon for diesel this morning and i read that inflation will be between 16 and 20 percent this year(i already see it headed that way at the grocery store)..

that means im backin up,so to me,, yeah its a recession..

i personally feel we have till about fall of this year,,then the big crash is gonna hit..

how do i figure that? i read probably 120 and 150 articles on the subject a week and have been doing so for about 6 months now..

anyone in there right mind should be making major adjustments and preparations for it,,cause its comin....

19. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

20. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

well someone who actually says that we are in a full blown depression must be a genius! have you even passed highschool? there is a difference between an economic downturn and a recession, some parts of the economy (manufacturing/housing) are suffering from their own recessions now, but there is no overall recession, there is still growth in many areas

and a depression can partly worsened by morons who panic and say OMG OMG OMG we are in a depression lets stop investing or spending any money(which then causes and even greater downturn in the economy)

"In a research note released Thursday, Gault predicted a 0.4% drop in gross domestic product this quarter and a 0.5% decline next quarter." the guy predicted negative growth for the next two quarters lets see how it plays out?

and the media is a coporation, they always try to overblow everything because it makes people panic and watch their program more, whenever you see CNN saying OMG we are in a RECESSION everyone! people watch

and as the dollar declines people are going to get smarter about how they spend, especially on imports, while exports will increase greatly which will help boost the economy

"Real exports of goods and services increased 4.8 percent in the fourth quarter, compared with an
    increase of 19.1 percent in the third. Real imports of goods and services decreased 1.9 percent, in
    contrast to an increase of 4.4 percent."

"Real GDP increased 2.2 percent in 2007 (that is, from the 2006 annual level to the 2007 annual
    level), compared with an increase of 2.9 percent in 2006."

"The price index for gross domestic purchases increased 2.7 percent in 2007, compared with an
    increase of 3.3 percent in 2006."

4.9% unemployment rate down from 5.0% q4 07