No Problem? Enjoy?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Ged, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

thank goodness for this edit feature

Jukai likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Can Honestly Say......I Have Never Used The "Edit" Feature......GLEN Doesn't Make Mistakes......:expressionless:

Cheers Glen.

YouFreeMe and Eric! like this.
  3. Eric!

Hey, some folks got it like that.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  4. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

As someone who works in customers service, i don't know what they want either. Other than the service i present. Frankly i don't care. Some customers will find something stupid to whine and complain about regardless.

Meliai and Eric! like this.
  5. Eric!

Yep!

6. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

When I receive a service, I'm looking for as little interaction as possible. I don't like it when I get chatty customer service people, which is why I love online shopping, self checkout, etc.

Eric! and Meliai like this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^same

I was always bad at customer service. I'm polite and nice but I'm not one of those that makes instant connections with people, i'm more reserved and it takes me a while to warm up and let loose with people

So "no problem, enjoy, have a nice day!" was pretty much all I could offer

Americunt and Eric! like this.
  8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

But when you get to be a regular at a café or restaurant, you inevitably get to know the staff. I like this. Surely it matters how staff treat their regulars. For example one holiday in Spain we got to know the owners of a beachfront bar. We became really close friends and they invited us for a meal at their home. The Mother had polio. But then I guess the Spanish are probably the most friendly of Europeans. I couldn't see this happening in England.

Eric! likes this.
  9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

It's a social nicety. I guess they could hand you your vanilla cappuccino and say: "I hate my job and I hope you choke", but it probably wouldn't be great for business.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

125 would never really be safe until all vehicles are capable of going that speed. if everyone was driving 125 and i was puttering along in my last vehicle which couldn't get above 75, i would be rear-ended instantly.

also, artificially low speed limits create nice income for the local police departments.

11. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I don't want to know them, and I don't want them to know me. They can just be polite and that will make me happy.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

same. this goes for fellow customers too. my friends like to go to the same bar constantly, and i hate knowing everybody there. i miss living in the city; we would go someplace different every time we went out, and running into someone i knew was so rare it was actually a pleasant surprise when it did happen..

Americunt likes this.
  13. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I think part of it for me is that I have a hard time maintaining verbal conversations, especially if there's a lot of background noise. I zone out and miss what's been said.

14. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I love it when people serving you act like the only thing they need in their life is to make you happy , Don't give a flying fuck whether they mean it or not But sometimes you Know they really do
    Thats life !

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm good at it in person, but horrible over the phone. Didn't realize the latter at all before I got paid for it (lasted 3 weeks) :D

16. James_T._Kirk

James_T._Kirk Members

[​IMG]

17. David0301

David0301 Members

it is one of those things I have never understood (and smh still dont) whenever im in the us. people who dont know each other say "honey" to each other. the first time I went to the gas station in ca,los angeles the lady there called me "honey" , I had no problem with that because I wanted to be her honey :grinning:, but same scenario over and over again, in the restaurant, in the gym, at cold stones , at the customer service line , everywhere im named "honey", which I find disrespectful because it is a bit private,intimate,provoking. try to call someone in Germany that and see what happens