no more meat for me

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Samhain, May 20, 2004.

1. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

hi all
    i was wondering the best forum to post this in and i think its this one. anyway i'm trying to go veggie (but will actually still eat fish, is there a name for that) and i can't cook!
    i can't just eat pasta so i was wondering if anyone has got any simple recipes plus hints and tips, warnings about pitfulls for new veggies as i would like to keep it up

blessed be

s

2. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Go to the vegetarian forum, hun! Much goodness there:)
    I'de like to be the first to say, I'm so proud of you! Good job, most people aren't willing to do this, so right on!
    I dunno, I typically eat spaghetti with fake ground beef (Yves brand) in the sauce, veggie and rice stir fry (sometimes with a tofu chunks in it), lasagna, fruit salads, taco/pasta/potato salads, that kinda thing. There's soooo many alternative out there, even animal-free king crab, lobster, and "chicken" nuggets! You'de be amazed! Just go to your grocery store and there's normally an area in the produce aisle:)

Oh, and it's called a pescatarian if you still eat fish:)

3. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

Can you get Quorn in the states yet!!!! It is excellent and tastes like chicken or what ever they make it taste like but is a relative to a mushroom.

Love & Wondering
    EnonEmouse

4. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

thanks both of you i'll check out the options, i live in the uk anyway so i can easily get quorn
    thanks again
    s

5. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

Quorn is sooooooooooooooooooooo great and one of the easiest ways to slowly give up meat as you think your eating meat but your not!!!!! seriously good stuff. I am not a veggie but I love the stuff too!!!

Love & Good Luck
    EnonEmouse

6. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

hey cogratulations on and good luck with semi-vegoness - www.vegweb.com has some great recipies (though no fish, sorry) that are soooo yum you won't miss meat. There's a whole section on pasta - i think most are simple but delicious dishes. You can probably find some tips on going vego there to - and in the veg*an forum people can usually give you some advice.

7. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

My two favorites:

Bulk split pea soup mix. I add alot of onions and garlic and pepper. This is cheap.

Polenta(corn meal) and flax seed meal. I use mostly flax meal with some polenta mixed in and poor honey and soy milk on it. Flax meal is vegetarian gold.