No interest in Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by thefutureawaits, Feb 4, 2018.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

anyone else like this. I know that there are people that like it. Sounds so boring

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Nah I don't care

And I dont like the ads either. Why people willingly watch and let themselves be entertained by advertisements is a great mystery to me

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Not exactly, but yes.. similar. I find NFL football to be really consumerized and preying upon unwitting Americans' desires for sex and wealth. The rhetoric leaves you feeling a little exploited; like you just partook in something that was bad for your karma or something. My conscience knows better, but I still like the game a bit. I talked to someone the other day who said it's getting too famous. She compared it to wrestling. So, I guess you could compare the superbowl, and say, wrestlemania? Which I used to really enjoy (I taped WWF on VHS when I was 10-12 years old and would watch the episodes with glee), but now I don't think I could stand it. :laughing:

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'll be watching. :)

GeorgeJetStoned and rollingalong like this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Zero fox.

The "Big Game" today was the Celtics and Trailblazers.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I will probly watch. The commercials are usually funny and who dosnt like to laugh. As for the game I will be rooting for the eagles to get 2 field goals and the patriots to get a safety. Hopefully they get it in the first quarter and it stays that score throughout the game.

rollingalong likes this.
  7. lode

lode Banned

I'm vaguely interested in many trees algorithms which lead me to a quantitatively superior betting choice.

But not really interested in the underlying sport.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i have it on as background noise. i'm glad you posted this thread, it reminded me that it's on.

i think the ads used to be better. i remember when i was a kid, the ads were like mini movies that didn't have a damn thing to do with whatever they were advertising, and they were all running for the first (sometimes only) time. you would know the game was almost over if you saw a commercial for the second time.

now you just see the same boring ads you see on regular tv. there's a few big budget additions, but they're still just commercials instead of the short films of days past.

of course, people still claim to watch the game for the commercials, because it's what they've always done and people don't like change.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^yeah the last few times I've watched it the commercials were mostly just everyday, ordinary commercials

I ended up turning it on for background noise too. Might as well have something to talk about around the proverbial water cooler at work tomorrrow

10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

No interest in the game, really. Quiet night for me :).

11. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Watching it right now

Kerri likes this.
  12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

interest in talking about having no interest is actually interest...

i;m interested and watchig

13. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I couldn't tell you the first thing about any of the players. Why? Because I don't give a flying crap about them. However, I LOVE the game. And the only way I can appreciate it these days is to ignore the whining millionaires and watch the game with the sound down and the music on random shuffle. I was jammin to Kraftwerk when New England scored a whopping 3 points.

Otherwise, I'm hanging out in chat and treating it like a political debate and slamming a shot for each cheap shot!

14. Eric!

And the adds are pretty good so far

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i could not care less...i might see a few seconds of it while flipping channels or catch a bit on the news but to me its worthless drivel

kind of like the politics section of hipforums

YouFreeMe and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  16. GeorgeJetStoned

Wow, I've never seen a High Hurdle play! Followed by bouncing a ball from an upright. That should become a scoring feature.

17. GeorgeJetStoned

Hey now, I happen to like contributing some of that drivel...................

18. Eric!

Wow! Cooks (NE) just took a hard ass hit....

Kerri likes this.
  19. GeorgeJetStoned

So we get Justin, but no Janet boob?

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm getting all into it now lol, I'm yelling at the tv

Go Eagles

I'm only going for them because my friend at work is a huge fan. And I like an underdog