No, I am not going to name it-" Women and their ways-6"

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by needagal, May 22, 2013.

1. needagal

needagal Member

I worked with her about 3 years back. We were in same section at my office.

She came from a well known, respected and cultured family.

It is a large family she has. Apart from her father, she has 2 mothers and 8 siblings - which is not unusual in this part of the world. All live happily under one roof and honestly, it’s quite an atmosphere- homely and joyous.

Being an eldest daughter, she is used to taking care of her younger ones. Also, being intelligent and determined she finished her graduation with excellent ranks.

Her job, though small, gave some freedom to her and support to the family as well. That’s the reason she worked. Although, one more reason was- it was near her home, which was safe as well.

With this background, let’s come to the main part of the story-

In her home country, civil unrest began about 3 years back, stability disturbed and the inflation started growing.

Definitely, time was getting harder and harder. She had to change her job and come here alone- in a new prosperous country, where she is earning quite well and saving as well,-although all her savings are sent back home.

With growing violence, her family had to leave her hometown and they fled to another country, to some distinct relations place, who was kind enough to accommodate them all. (By the way- she can’t bring her family here due to Visa restrictions)

Now, she is the sole breadwinner for this large family, alone and single in this vast ocean of people. Almost all of her earnings are sent back home- for routine expenses. Parents are old, younger ones are too young to start a job, and their education is disturbed as well.

She should be around 25 now, and it would take next 3 to 4 years for her younger brothers to start earning and supporting- hopefully.

Meanwhile, her time is running out and it looks like she would end up unmarried, aged-and respected spinster.

With this, my story ends. Why I told you all this?

To blame governments?
    To blame Violence?
    To blame social and cultural norms?
    To find the root cause of this problem?
    To beg your sympathy for her? (By the way, she holds her head high, and does not like sympathy at all) Or
    just to show you that sometimes we are helpless and can’t do anything other than watching the ship sink?

No. None of above. Not at all.

Just imagine- If she would have been a man-- and not a girl.

2. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Are you still here?

3. needagal

needagal Member

yes, very well.

Thanks for asking.
    and I hope, you are fine.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you should have named it "women and their ways-7." people would have been looking all over the place for part 6.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

"She should be around 25 now, and it would take next 3 to 4 years for her younger brothers to start earning and supporting- hopefully.

Meanwhile, her time is running out and it looks like she would end up unmarried, aged-and respected spinster. "

A spinster? Come on.... seriously??! And she's 25? Gasp! That's just shocking.

Yea... I mean some ppl have it easier than other people... life isn't fair. Fairness is a word that should be thrown out. People do what they gotta do.

So... you're point tho is that guys do that all the time?
    You're living in some strange world.

6. needagal

needagal Member

Yes, this world is full of strange places and wonderful things.

Let's explore.

The more of it I see, the more I get WOW moments.