No Homo

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by SlayerFan20, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ~xR*Z*Nx~

~xR*Z*Nx~ Member

I thik it stupid prhase not because of,, offense against gays, etc or whatever --- but because l clearly if is said ''no hom''',, if that need be stated by someone,, for validation,,, they is having clear obvious sexual identity conflict

2. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

I'm taking it you use the phrase yourself then? :p

I don't think the term is particularly offensive to gays, (though maybe gay people themselves think differently about this) I just see use of that term as an indicator of a guy who is not totally comfortable with his own sexuality, and is probably in the closet. If a guy is confident in being heterosexual, why would he feel the need to openly state there is no homosexual tendencies in having some affection for a member of the same sex?

You can have affection for someone, and love them, without there being any sexual attraction involved. And you'd have to be a pretty dumb meathead to think otherwise. You don't hear females going "no lezza!" or something similar when stating affection for a member our own sex do you? lol Why is it only guys who feel that showing any affection for their own sex is so wrong that they feel they have to state vocally that they aren't homosexual?

I dont think its really a homophobic term, but I do think it is used by guys as a cover so that people won't think they are gay. If a guy wasn't uptight about the issue, he wouldn't use the term. That's how I see it anyway.

3. stash napt

stash napt Member

I have no insecurities about my sexuality. However the average man IS insecure and to save about 20 minutes of awkwardness the phrase is in many circumstances a must use.. Also in are society woman are more conditioned to be acceptant of homosexuality then men are. Which is why you never here "no lezza". But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :sunny:

4. collegetwink09

collegetwink09 Member

I don't really get offended by much so I just find it to be amusing

5. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

i dont find it to be offensive in the slightest bit, i just see it as a weird thing straight guys do to reassure themselves and their friends they're straight. which of course isn't necessary.
    sometimes its good for a laugh, but if you use it pretty frequently its pretty much it's a sign of weakness, which is the opposite of what it's intent is.

6. rumandmonkey

rumandmonkey Guest

I dont want to come off as racist but where im from its only certain people who say this phrase.

7. LeviathanXII

LeviathanXII Member

Most of my friends that are gay hate it. But I use it on occasion, I do not really find it offensive, at least if its in a joking way. But if its used specifically to demean homosexuality then I guess it has to be offensive.

8. dreamsDOcomeTRUE

dreamsDOcomeTRUE KYTLIVE

doesn't bother me

9. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

I've never heard that phrase

I must hang around less uptight homophobes

10. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Ive heard it a couple times said to me i think lol, i just laughed. Yeah people trip too hard over simple shit and think to hard. I just like funny shit no matter how fucked it is tbh, well yeah there DEF is a limit come to think of it. But yeah im probably pretty fucked in the head compared to a lot of people.

11. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Hey guys, posted here yesterday, saw this video today and realized it sums up everything about this topic seriously check it out and subscribe to this guy hes one of the best youtubers. No homo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9av55WQLgw&feature=feedu"]YouTube - ‪Chinese Guy is NO HOMO!‬‏

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

He's Totally Out Of His Tree...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Chics are just as bad.

With guys its up front and instant, so at least you know straight away

With chics its passive aggressive and sneaky, can be nice to your face for months, even years until you end up finding out there were a whole lot of snotty comments behind your back or she was just using you to up her cool factor or piss off her boyfriend.

Not that it really matters in the end, we all segregate over common interests before things like sexuality.

I'll put up with a bit of stupidness from a bunch of straight guys if I can tag along to a Slayer concert. But if its a bunch of guys that are totally ok with the gay thing but are the worlds biggest Coldplay fans, no thanks.

Same with the chics, if they are the bitchy and snotty types, but are going to want to pop pills and head off to a rave - lets go (Probably pick up a hotter guy than they can anyway ;) ) Yet if its a group thats totally understanding but are going to just want to sit around the kitchen baking cookies and talking about their feelings - wheres the escape hatch

14. Sexless_harpy

Sexless_harpy Member

Finding myself in the urban black community, I hear that phrase constantly. On the inside I wince if I hear it, because I don't see what the need is to qualify a statement just so everyone in earshot won't misconstrue it as gay even though it takes really no thought at all to understand there was "no homo" intent in the statement at all.

I find myself using it in conversation too, because I'm too deep in the closet to let anyone know I'm anything other than straight. I'm aware that I use it, I wish I didn't have to, but I still do it

15. Calibound

Calibound Member

I hear that shit all the time. Don't bother me. I never sweat the small stuff, can't cause of my career and all :2thumbsup: