No Hard Feelings

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Duncan, May 19, 2004.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I wrote a response to a thread about an issue that I feel is important to me. It deals with a person wanting to discuss with gay males their feelings and opinions about persecution in the work place for being gay AND male.

I take some exception to this for two reasons. Firstly, the person who is asking the questions is clearly not gay. There is something inherently wrong with the type of sociological mining. Secondly, I don't think that a public forum would be an appropriate venue for such questioning.

In my opinion, if a person is seeking this type of information, he might ask for it in a public forum and request that any interested party send him an email or a private message.

I say this, because I consider it inappropriate to request that women remain silent with regard to this matter. If having women's opinions dismissed is an issue, then that should be dealt with privately. Posting such a request publicly is not something a gentleman should do, regardless of his MASculist leanings and/or tendencies.