No Child Left Behind Act

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Angel_Headed_Hipster, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Recently at school, i was told by my principle that instead of going to lunch I had to report to a HSPA prep class (HSPA is a state test in NJ that you must pass to graduate), i told her that I was not going to go because I and my teachers already felt confident I would pass, she told me that I had to go. I went home that day and told my parents what happened and they called her and told her they didn't want me to take the class, and that I should be able to have lunch, but the principle came back and said "due to the no child left behind act, it is a federal law that he must take this class, so if you don't want him to take it, we can physically make him go without your permission", I think this is absolute bullshit, especially due to the fact that this a public school, where the parents should have the decision as to what classes their kids must take.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

2. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Wow dude, that's fucked up...
    -EDIT-
    I've got a question, do you just not get a lunch, or do they let you have lunch after the class?

3. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

im allowed to eat lunch, but i cant spend more than 10 minutes in there out of the 45 minute period.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

4. Midget

Midget Senior Member

They should not be able to force you to go to this class at lunch.

5. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

That is definitely bullshit, and your principal sounds like an asshole. How the hell can they "physically make [you] go without [your parents'] permission?" Are they going to put you in a fucking cage or something?

6. Midget

Midget Senior Member

7. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Maybe he's interpreting it wrong, it'd be good to get a copy of what the No Child Left Behind Act actually says, and if it says that they can physically make you go, then well, I guesse you're fucked...

-by "he" I mean the principal-

8. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

For the "for what it's worth"dept.,If some asshole teacher OR priniple ever told one of my kids that,I would be tearing into his or hers politicly correct asses.As a parent,I will support my kids rights with every fiber of my being.And another thing,I'll be damned if some PC asshole is going to only give my kid 10 minutes to eat lunch.School ain't prison,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yet!!

9. Gurkadurk

Gurkadurk Member

^ Yeah, not yet. I bet that jerk thought that by rattling off "No Child Left Behind Act" it would lend some sort of weight and spook the parents. Guess it depends on what kind of parents you have. If I had a kid, I'd be up there raising hell about it if something like that happenned to them.

10. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

I suggest you fight back. Be subversive. There's a lot of ways you can fuck with a school principal.

11. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i've said it before, and i'll say it again: this kind of shit is exactly why i homeschool.

12. DaRsH_tHe_AcId_QuEeN

DaRsH_tHe_AcId_QuEeN Member

at my school we get to go to lunch but they have all these new rules for cutting classes because of this "no child left behind" bullshit. what if i want to be left behind? i dont want to be forced into conformity because of bush's stupid ass

13. Icarus

Icarus Member

That's really gross. I wouldn't put up with it.

My school isn't quite as bad as that, but I did have to take a career education course that I need to graduate. It was an absolutely bullshit course, and I disagreed with just about everything they tried to teach us in it, but was forced to take it anyways. It's just really sad.

14. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

I agree. If he's gonna go out of his way to be a dick to you then i think you have the right to do the same to him.