NJ Civil Rights Offical: Ladies Night illegal Discrimination

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by dotadave, Jun 2, 2004.

1. dotadave

dotadave Member

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LADIES_NIGHT?SITE=1010WINS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

2. Megara

Megara Banned

about time...but its not like women actually buy their own drinks :p

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Fuck that shit! I'll see you at the appeal! :(

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

good! Now, maybe not as many broke trashy hoes will be out drunk out of their minds and flirting with other people's boyfriends. lol

5. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Unless they have a "Men's Night", I consider it to be discrimination...

6. superNova

superNova Member

yeah i've never really understood ladies night either, well ladeeda. :)

7. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I don't use liquior and I never go into bars, so personally, I couldn't care less.

The reason for "Ladies Night" is to get more womyn in the bar. Bars usually have a much larger proportion of men to womyn, and if chicks are there, the men are more likely to stay, and both will spend money on booze. Men actually benefit from Ladies Night, as there would be much fewer womyn in there if there wasn't a special price.

Oh, well, I am not in favor of much which encouages people to drink alcohol.

8. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Are they sure they want "man's night" in New Jersey, I'm not going ;)

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

That's right. In the History of the United States, Canada and the UK there has never been a case where a womyn has EVER bought herself a drink. EVER!!!! ALL drinks drunk in bars by womyn are paid for by others. No womyn has EVER bought herself or anyone else a drink. You are so right.

10. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Is that a joke, or are you truly that humorless?!

11. Megara

Megara Banned

christ, it was a freaking joke, note the smiley

12. dotadave

dotadave Member

EDIT: Not targeting this at you in particular maggie

I don't think ladies night is benefitial to either gender. It's bad for guys who like to go to bars to drink as it discriminates against them and its only a ploy to help out guys who think its cool to take advantage of a woman when she's drunk.

Just because sexism/racism is done in the name of what's good for business rather than actual prejudice doesn't make it any less sexist/racist. What if I was running a yuppie clothing store with a white target demographic and decided that it was good for buisness to make all my minority employees work away from customers eyes, or refused to hire minorities?

13. HappyHaHaGirl

The whole point in ladies night was to get chicks into the bar so the guys could get some ass.... I have no clue why that guy complained....way to ruin it for everyone else, asshole! :D

14. Megara

Megara Banned

probably because he wasnt getting any ass, even with dollar drinks :p

15. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I've never had any problems with Ladies Nights at bars or clubs. Of course, the idea is to get more women there, and I don't see any problem with that and I don't consider it discrimination. Actually, I was walking to a club with some friends once, and of them (a gal) thought it was discriminatory that it was a lot cheaper for women to go clubbing than guys. But I'm so used to the Ladies Night things, and I like the concept, so I don't have a problem with it.

16. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I know! The ladies are mad at him. The horny goys are mad because now they have to drink with each other. I don't think he'll be going clubbing anytime soon. He'll just be drinking alone at home where I'm guessing there is no ladies' night.

Somewhere some ex-girlfriend read that in the paper and was really relieved that she got away from him before it was too late.

17. HappyHaHaGirl

Maybe he thought that he would get a "gentlemen's night." Nice try. You just killed it. He probably lives with his mom and fits right in with all those other stereotypes... I hope no one finds out where he lives...well... I guess I do.... Remember that guy that caught the ball that wasn't supposed to at the Cubs game? Poor kid... well... I wonder if this guy will get it worse than that guy?

I thought that guy was sweet. I would have let him come live with me. :(

18. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Someone (who cares about ladies' night. I'm not much of a drinker and I don't live in New Jersey) should put his picture up in women's bathrooms in bars in New Jersey.

19. HappyHaHaGirl

hahaha...good idea... but I live in tennessee... I guess I could put them up anyway to set an example... :D "Don't try it!"

20. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

I'm confused. If women want equal rights, then wouldn't this make it equal? or have we forgotten the definition of equal? I'm glad this man brought it up.

I don't care for the bar crowd either way, so it won't make any difference to me personally, but it could change things in the future for everyone.