nirvana,bob marley, and zeppelin...SUCK

Discussion in 'Music' started by deadonceagain, May 24, 2004.

1. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

AMEN! I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!

2. boog

boog A square peg

i quite like nirvana and always have
    never liked marley not because he's shit just because i dont like the style of music.
    and zepplin iv never really liked either but that doesnt mean its shit
    just signifies that it has no meaning to me

3. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

That's funny you say Nirvana sucks. You're what, 14? So, you were probably like 4 when he died. You weren't even thought of when Bleach was released. A lot of what Nirvana did influenced artists of today. Same with Led Zeppelin, they influenced a LOT of artists. As for Bob Marley, he was a god! I just find it funny how you can give an opinion of something you didn't live through. I lived through the Nirvana years. I bought Bleach later, because it was hard to find. I bought Nevermind and Incesticide *FIRST*. I'll admit it. Bleach was hard to find, unless you lived in Seattle, but I later bought it. I bought Nevermind at 10 years old. I went to a concert when I was 12, I was 13 when Kurt died.

I don't have opinions that "Zeppelin sucks" because, I enjoy Zeppelins work, and Bob's. I don't think they suck at all.

I know people have their own judgement, and opinions on music from back in the day... But it just seems like well if it sucks, why bother discussing it? If it sucks, you're wasting your time expressing it. It's wasted energy.

4. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

i realy do like nirvana there one of the best bands but they are over rated and kurts image as well as the bands has been fucked up i was just in a ranting mood zeppelin is also good there image is fucked up to same as marleys what im trying to say is STOP FUCKING WITH GOOD MUSIC

5. butterfly

butterfly Member

Huh? I was referring to the original post.
    To elaborate: Nirvana, Bob Marley or Led Zeppelin may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they clearly don't suck. You don't have to like a band or artist to appreciate that they are good at what they do, or have had a significant influence on popular music. To say they "suck", suggests a certain amount of immaturity to me. Or attention seeking....whatever....

To miss tambourine girl, you were clearly expressing an opinion....nothing wrong with that.

Of course if a band really do suck, then by all means....for example: "westlife suck". The end.