nirvana,bob marley, and zeppelin...SUCK

Discussion in 'Music' started by deadonceagain, May 24, 2004.

1. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

thats right someone had to say it and i did ahaha and you all know im right i mean, i like nirvana and zeppelin but i fucking hate the people that never ever heard bleach and say thats there favorite band i think that bleach was there best cd ever and zeppelin is good of course page is god but jesus there not the best thing sence bread ok and bob marley is just annoying and gets old fast OK!

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Whatever man, I think all music is good. It's just an expression of emotions and feelings. That is what art is and music is a type of art. Everyone likes certain musics. Some like more than others. It's all opinions though.

-Peace

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i have 2 things to say to you

1. dont sweat the small stuff
    2. if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all

4. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

And you actually think we're really going to take you seriously?

Good joke, tell another.

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

bleach was a shitty album

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Well, I can agree with Zeppelin and Nirvana being grossly overrated. But I actually like Bob Marley. It's just kind of a shame the way his image has been exploited and commercialized by the Spencers/Hot-Topic crowds of primarily image-savy teens who know Marley only as being some pot-smokin' Rasta with dreadlocks who sang 'No Women, No Cry' and 'Buffalo Soldier.'

7. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

Bob Marley is cool. But as for music getting old, it just depends on what you feel like listening to at the moment. I don't listen to Bob Marley all of the time because it doesn't always fit my mood. That doesn't mean it's any less of anything.

8. happy

happy Member

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this mornin! didnt they!?

9. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Pressed_rat, i agree, it's ashame he is being exploited so. This reminds me of a similar situation with Ravi Shankar; Many people in the scene listen to him, and he was eventually paired with heavy drug use, when in reality, he heavily opposed the use of mind altering chemicals. Of course, as you can obvoiusly tell, marley was'nt "opposing" drug use, but you would think that-what should be considered- some of the more conscious people of this nation would not be so callow.

10. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

i think nirvana sucks too..
    im sorry i can't stand them.
    my ears refuse to listen when happens i accidentally hear their songs !
    i feel as bad as when i hear someone scrathing his nails on a blackboard!
    grrrr....

11. butterfly

butterfly Member

How immature....if you don't like someone they don't necessarily "suck".

12. Skelter

Skelter Helter

i hate nirvana too

13. Diamond Gord

Diamond Gord Member

I don't particularly like Nirvana but I wouldn't call them or any other music crap, simply because if someone can get the same enjoyment from Nirvana or whatever else they listen to that I get from my music then that music is excellent.

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I SO agree with you on this... I love Bob Marley but I just CANNOT fucking stand the way his image has been exploited... how you see his face on every ashtray saying "Legalize It", how so many people actually don't know his music but say they love him and how cool he is just because he smoked pot like them... like if he was the one who invented it or something!!!! It's so dumb, I hate it... I mean, once I was talking to a bunch of people in school and kind of introducing myself cause a teacher asked me to, and I said what kind of music I liked and at some point mentioned him, and this guy said: "oh, so she must smoke..." pffff stupid idiot!

And I agree with you too.

Then I wanna say I'm a Led Zeppelin fan, but I do think that Nirvana are overrated... I like their Nevermind album, but I'm not too crazy about it either... and I prefer bands like The Pixies who Nirvana were highly influenced by.

15. mmmnuggets

mmmnuggets Member

opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink

16. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i love marley,
    such lovely music and it has nothing to do with my love of weed, Nirvana
    i grew up on it but i pretty much grew out of it. as for zeppelin, well.... they fuckin rock.

17. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i don't think bob marley is annoying and it never gets old to me. i can listen to the same cd over and over again and not get sick of it just bc the songs are so good and they make me happy. i was never a huge nirvana fan. and i think led zeppelin is awesome.

18. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

zeppelelin can get old quick, i knda liked nirvana, but bob marley is infallible. he never grows old, and is one of the best musicians/writers of all timeup there with Jerry, and bill monroe and duke ellington.

19. AciDude

AciDude Member

Well, I think is good to express what you think, and I think Nirvana WAS GREAT!.
    There's no good or bad music... there's just music :D

20. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

i know... i just told that in my point of view they suck..
    i din't tell they suck in an absolute way!!
    i can't stand nirvana so, speaking for myself,i think they suck.
    can't stand = suck

anyway that's only my very debatabe opinion!

and if u didn't understand what i said in the previous post that doesn't necessarily makes me immature.