Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mer0806, Sep 7, 2018.

1. mer0806

mer0806 Members

Thinking of buying a Nintendo Switch...any thoughts? Is it worth it? How are the games? Thanks

Irminsul likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It does look cool but what I find with Nintendo is they're really fun for a little bit, but the games run out of playability and boring pretty quickly. On the advertisement I saw they were sharing around the room. I can see that getting old fairly quickly.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The strong points of this gaming device doesn't appeal to me. Neither does the far majority of the games released on it.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It doesn't seem worth $280 but I like mario kart; pretty much any Mario game really. Zelda is cool sometimes, but I seem to remember having trouble (or at least trouble getting into) "Majora's Mask". That's probably half because I didn't have a reliable internet connection to look up cheats! lol

Anyway, I've purchased Nintendo consoles before, played them, and then sold or traded them back. Switch looks like a good candidate for that sort of thing, but I'd wait until it's less expensive to do something like that. You should get an old N64! That's what I did. It scratched the itch, but when I went to return it, omg... The roaches from that apartment I was living in had congregated on the inside of the console!

The place I bought it from wouldn't let me trade it. They thought I did that on purpose or something. I think they were afraid that the cockroaches had lain (lain? layed? idk) eggs and that they would hatch in the store or possibly at the next person's house who bought it. I half suspect that there were cockroaches already in the console when I bought it... Anyway. Yeah, N64 is so retro and cheesy but it's good fun.

Another thing you could think about doing retro is a NES. I think they might sell them new with a whole bunch of games pre-loaded on a chip inside the console.

But if you really want a Switch... go ahead. It's your money. $279.99 just seems a little steep to me. Too rich for my blood...

Running Horse likes this.
  5. Thonatyhu

Thonatyhu Members

I been thinking about buying one too

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

soulcompromise likes this.
  7. mer0806

mer0806 Members

Thanks all for your comments.....

8. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

Zelda is open-world and pretty much the opposite of linear. You can fight Gannon even early on if you want to. I don't like it because it has a huge world, with not much variation in gameplay. 900 or so Koroks that you can find throughout the overworld, and a bunch of small puzzle dungeons scattered throughout it. It has only four real dungeons, like with bosses. All weapons break when you use them.

Mario Odyssey has a lot of moons, many of which you get for doing almost nothing. So there's no real sense of satisfaction, just getting one moon after another.

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Would be much more hesitant to blow on console if it was having issues.

soulcompromise likes this.
  10. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

No Gamecube? Those two generations, with PS1/N64/DC, and PS2/GC/XB, are my favorite. I think that gaming went downhill from there.

11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

So Nintendo bounces back and forth between being Domme and sub?

12. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

Can't be unread. Now every time I hear "Nintendo Switch", I'm going to picture Reggie in black leather outfits.

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

My work here is done

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like gamecube too.

15. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

It's a friggin' tablet that costs WAY more than it's worth! There's maybe one or two games that I'd be interested in playing and that sure ain't enough to make me buy it.

The thing is, Nintendo is missing out on a HUGE opportunity to sell more switch games...

Not every Nintendo fan, Mario fan, or casual player is interested in the tablet portable mode. Nintendo could EASILY make a small simple AND CHEAP TV console, just for people who only want a living-room TV set only Mario Odyssey experience. Just a TV console switch, with no screen or battery, click on joy con crap, or docking unit junk, should cost a fraction of what the current system costs. Bundle it with Mario and a cheap wired Pro Controller and bitches will be lined up like lemmings outside Walmart to grab one. I fucking guarantee it!

Tags: