Nintendo DS

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by digitalldj, Apr 10, 2007.

1. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

haha this thing is seriously awsome, i kinda wanted one before, and finally today on an impulse went and bought one

now i'm ordering a Flash card and a SD micro card, and i will never have to buy a single game again, you just Dl and play them LOL

awsome graphics, great old school games, hours and hours of fun

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

wait wait wait... where can said game be downloaded?

3. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

you need a Flash card, and a micro SD card to play them on the DS, i'm still working out details now

but a guy i know is shipping me everything i need + directions on how to do it, so once i know i will forward u the info wonka

4. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

Really? I never heard that you could do that. I was looking into getting the DS light... they're awesome... hopefully you can dL the games.. that would be grand.

5. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

hahaha im doing similar thing but with ps2. i got a slimline, and ill be getting these stickers with stainless stell thingy, so the ps2 cant tell when the lid is open, u pop in a special cd magicswap or something :S , and then open lid and insert DL burned game, and it plays. lol i hope ill be able to do something similar with ps3 when i get it in august/september/october :D

6. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

^^^ i had that for the original playstation.

7. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

yea this is way easier then that, all u do is download the Roms, put them on the SD card, and play em no swapping etc.

8. mr.greenxxx

u hud deff get resident evil remake for it. that game looks awesome. im not really onto portable gaming tho, dont get me wrong i love fifa 06 on my phone, but i go out to go out, to play i sit infront of the tv with a joystick.

9. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

who says u need to go out to use it? i just use it at home sitting around

anyways, for anyone who's interested it's called the R4DS, R4DS.com

i've downloaded 500 games for the DS and i've currently filtered through about half of them and added 20 onto the card, u upload em, and play em, simple as that, it's great

10. mr.greenxxx

u must get some crazy utorrent speeds man, it takes me up to 3days to get a 3.5 gig file done (most pc games)

11. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

check it out:

[​IMG]

i also pay like 60$ a month for net though, it's an extreme package my SP provides

12. mr.greenxxx

:/

i got a bt thing, it varies from 5mb-7mb broadband. but my utorrent goes on 20-40 kb/s

13. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

playin the new Pokemon diamond, it's pretty fun lol

14. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

DJ, im not that smart with computers, IF you can, please PM a guide to to do this. Im very interested.

15. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Ok dj another question, btw thanks for the PM. Is buying the R4DS all i need? It all sounds so simple, i went on some forums about it and they talk about shit i have no clue about which makes me wonder. Do you need any specific computer upgrades or certain computer devices to make this work? I dont want to waste my money on this thing then realize i cant use it for some reason.

16. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

all you need is an internet connection, a program to download torrents, a USB converter that holds the MiniSD card, and thats it

17. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

What exactly is a USB converter?

18. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

like, a thing u stick the SD card into, so u can put files on

u stick the SD card into this thing, then u plug that into a USB slot, then it's like a sepearate drive u can put files on

19. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

ah i got ya. hopefully they sell them at bestbuy

20. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

Oh I LOVE our DS....we actually got it for my son's birthday last year but I think I play it more than he does. As cheesy as it sounds, Animal crossing: wild world is my fav for the DS. I also Like the fact that you can play all the old GBA games on it.