nihilists

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Greengirl, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

i have full respect of people who are able not to give a fuck about anything at all.
    i think this is the right way of life,that promises you peaceful and happy existence.

2. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

True dat. but...

problem with that Philosophy is that it really only works for teenagers and dropouts in this world. You have to pull your own weight to get anywhere... If you don't give a shit about anything or anyone, not much comes of it.

Most parents who are apathetic usually fail their children... and that goes for spouses and husbands who don't give themselves to the cause of a relationship.

I think there is a way to sustain happiness while avoiding nihilism. That involves being conscious enough to sift through the day to day bullshit and care about whats important and real (ie. Relationships and the Well being of Humans, Animals and our Ecosystem)

3. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

Nihilism is interesting.

4. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

omg bonerrr

5. Ocean Bionic

nihilism is ok, i guess.

i dont really care, though.

6. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

well with the nihilism comes the freedom of all worries , of all insecurities. There is just the path you are walking and you choose not to be affected by the things that come along. You chose what to take and what to leave, what to see and what to hear. You are free of the society`s opinion and it cant put you in frames

7. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Nihilism isn't the only way to achieve that, surely there are less grim ways.

8. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

buddhism

transcendentalism

9. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Aye.

Then again, if I wrote down my views and opinions, I'm sure they could be labeled somewhat nihilistic.

I should look into it further.

10. Ocean Bionic

fuck. what we're all looking for is Zinism.

good thing I found that in the back of my dads closet when I was 13. :cool:

11. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

grim ? i don`t see why its a grim way!
    haters are grim
    nihilists are just people who learned how not to disease their minds with the second hand bullshit the world throws at them.

12. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Sounds like you are talking about Taoism.

13. Gravity

Gravity #winning

If everyone is a nihilist then nothing great ever gets done because none of it matters, science, medicine, architecture, technology all sit at a standstill and we're rubbing sticks together to start a fire, that is, if everyone thinks it's even worth it to bother.

14. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

then why do they seem so freaking angry and sad? giving a fuck is actually pretty nice.

15. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

well i think that if you don`t give a fuck for real you cannot be sad and angry, coz u have no reason to be...remember you don`t care!

16. mamaKCita

i think not caring about anything leads to a sort of emptiness. it doesn't feel good. even the toaists still care about their path.

17. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Taoism is not concerned with caring or not caring. It's acting in direct accord with nature, therefor not acting influenced by emotion. Taoism isnt even about peace, half the Tao Te Ching is devoted to governing and war tactics lol. Nature is not always peaceful, and the 'path' is a rather lame word to translate that which can not even be described in its native language.

18. mamaKCita

whatever the meaning, people assume taoists are those who emotionally settled, void, even. thus, for us westerners, it's a valid demonstration of still waters running deep. just because the surface looks calm, just because someone looks like they don't care, there's a whole lot churning beneath the surface.

19. Gravity

Gravity #winning

hard to find happiness if you don't believe there's anything to be happy about.

20. Mr. Mojo Risin'

You're not happy either, you're numb.