Nick broke up with me :*(

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Jun 20, 2006.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

yup, its hard not to be negative in this thread. but at least we are being honest. there are alot of issues here. nick is choosing drugs over you, so he is dependant on drugs, and you are dependant on him, not a healthy situation.

2. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

Ummmm... holy shit that is so true. Whoa. Women often stay in bad realtionships because of their firm belief in the ideals of marriage, relationship, or true love.... not really looking at the big picture and seeing how the person is really treating them. I am struggling with this myself right now.

Love Vs. Co-dependancy

3. ruski

ruski Senior Member

thats exactly what i thought when my last boyfriend dumped me....

and he told me he still loved me as well... i thought id always wanna be with him and id never want anyone else... but then a while passed and i didnt see him much, and voila i met someone else... of course when the ex found out i was really unattainable to him he finally realised he was an idiot and he basically came crying back to me begging i take him back, telling me he'd never be happy with anyone else and he knows we're meant to be together. course i want too impressed, by that stage i was so over it i didnt even enjoy seeing his pain. i just kinda wanted him to hurry up and get over it..

anyway believe it or not i met someone who has been 10x better for me than the last guy who i thought was the one. im so much more inlove now that i ever was and i know how lucky i am to have my current guy and im so glad that i got over my ex or this never would have happened!

4. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

WTF? I never did anything to be mean or to piss you off :confused:

5. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I know that baby. I'm just playing cop trying to figure out who is write that stuff lol. Anyway, the first part I said it was you but the sencond part wasn't meant for you it was just somthing that popped in my head. (I was having a weird day and saying anything and everything.) Once my mind gets back to normal then you can take me seriously.

6. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I'm so sorry to hear that babe.. :(

Much strength to you

xx

7. AmyC.

AmyC. Member

What books is he reading? I saw you refer to books he is reading & stupid friends. Can you expand?

8. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

Ok. My bad. You know I love ya....

And Penny, sounds like you need to get yourself a real man.

9. fritz

fritz Heathen

Great posts in here..Sorry to see you're going through this. [​IMG]

I want to add something to Lib's post..For future reference..(I'm also typing this out because the more I repeat it the better it sinks in.)
    As far as dealing with men goes..When things get heated..This is hard, but if you can manage, maybe try to cool your emotions.
    Sounds silly, but I've learned this the hard way. Over the years in my many arguments, I've noticed that when I get upset my emotions take over the dialogue. In a situation where you're appealing to someones humanity & they are acting like they have no feelings..The emotional stance never works well.
    Might not help you now, but like I said, for future reference.
    You'll find that if you can force your emotions aside, you can really be heard better.
    ...You don't know me, but I hope you don't mind my input.

Best wishes on finding yourself in a happier situation soon.

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

listen to this, laety!!! as a person speaking from experience. ^^^^

you can do so much better. you dont need someone who is going to choose drugs over your love. thats rotten.

11. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

How do you know its just drugs? i think thats oversimplifying. He probably wants to feel free, which you can't necessarily demonize him for. i wish whatever is right to occur between Laety and Nick.

I hate how everytime someone breaks up with someone on here, they are automatically some kind of asshole, or one is too good for the other etc. if he was so bad i really don't think they would have been together in the first place, as many of us know Laety is super bright, funny, very beautiful etc I'm sure she has a discriminating taste.

i still think the best thing for her to do if she wants to still be with him, is to give him some time, and there is a decent chance he will want to come back.

Its like no one on here has ever done the breaking up. It doesn't always come down to one person being unreasonable, sometimes its a feeling in your heart that you have to follow, and it hurts to be on that side of it as well

12. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I think that makes perfect sense. Over simplifying things only shows a small section of the picture....

in any case, good luck Penny. I know it hurts but no matter what you'll be fine.

13. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

At least you included a qualifier... *blank look*

14. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Oh everyone knows men are asshole pigs. All of them! Death to men! :p

15. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Kidding Kidding... I actually think men are nicer in general then women are.

16. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well I do know for a fact that drugs are involved.

and Ive seen many situations where people chose a drug over their loved one. and one for instance was with a good friend of mine, who ended up leaving her boyfriend because he chose cocaine over her. and she found someone even better, who she is moving to tennessee with.

17. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I wouldn't necessarily agree with nicer

less dramatic and more rational - certainly

unfortunately, for some of us men, the latter comes off as cold and uncaring even though we don't intend it that way

18. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Eh... Less dramatic and more rational is what I meant.

19. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I agree with some of the other posters. If you guys are truely meant to be together, let go of him. If he comes back, GREAT! If not, that's great too! Everything happens for a reason...and often times our unanswered prayers/hopes are the best things that happen to us! In the meantime, find a hobby, something to keep your mind off him and keep you busy. Like some others also have said, you sound needy and obsessive (sorry to jump on the negative bandwagon here, but it's true). By finding something else to focus your mind on, your head, as well as your heart will be healthier. Once he sees you have a life outside of him, he'll be intrigued by you again. Trust me...try it!

20. dhs

dhs Senior Member

now this, I completely agree with