Nick broke up with me :*(

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Can you believe it? He broke up with me and doesn't think he wants to ever get back together with me, marry, have kids... now he says he never wants to have a serious relationship again, nor be monogamous.

AND he had an affair... supposedly... because he's lied to me so much to make me hate him... long story... I won't go into it.

But I don't know what to do!! I want him back like before... what could I do?

2. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

Come to florida, I'll help you forget this kid.

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Sorry to hear about your breakup Penny.

{{{Hugs}}}

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

But he says he still loves me!! And so do I... so why does this have to happen? How can I show him that we could be happy together? I've sacrificed SO MUCH for him, I have done so much... and now what am I supposed to do??

I wanna die :(

5. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I know how you feel penny, a little bit. i was just there this weekend. You cant make anyone love you. he will regret leaving you later im sure

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

It sounds to me if he's done all of these things to you, lied, cheated...he's not very good for you and is not as commited to your relationship as you may be. You deserve better than that and should not have to settle for being treated in that way. I know it hurts like hell right now...but in the long run, you will be better off.

{{{Hugs}}}

7. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

You're a nice looking gal, and you seem pretty cool. I wouldn't let some jerk depress you. This guy sounds like an ass, and you are probably better off without him. When the time is right, the perfect man will find you, and you will find new meanings to happiness and love

8. englandroxmysox

englandroxmysox Member

Well,you should beat him up and see what happens after that.

9. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Sorry Laety,

You are an awesome girl, and very pretty too. You will get over it eventually, although that sounds sucky.

I must admit I'm pretty surprised by this, but you are young and life is long...there will be at least another.

Lots of times young guys start to feel trapped, and feel they aren't ready. i used to be one of those guys

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Gary I just sent you a PM.

I don't want anyone else... Nick is my soulmate and he's being really dumb right now... I just want him to fix his head

11. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Quick advice, leave him alone and he will feel what is missing most likely, and realize what he had and threw away. We'll chat later I hope!

12. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I don't really know you but I feel for you.
    Love makes the mind do irrational things. You're going to do what you're going to do- hopefully you won't let yourself get hurt again. "What could you do?" I've officially taken myself out of the business of giving out advice as my experience is that people won't take it and there can be a nasty backlash just from getting involved.

I wish you the best- whatever course this takes.

13. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Time washes clean
    Love's wounds unseen.
    That's what someone told me,
    But I don't know what it means.

14. pickin_wildflowers

pickin_wildflowers Senior Member

At risk of sounding corny... if he loves you... let him go. If it's meant to be he'll come back. But I definitely don't recommend stressing this whole thing on him :s

15. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

You're right... the more I harass him the meaner he gets :( Obviously it's my fault... I have a real problem... the thing is, if I don't talk to him I'm scared he's gonna fall out of love!! And forget me...

16. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

If he "loves" you, it's either as a person or he loves the "image" he created of you in his head.

Any advice isn't going to help you right now, BUT!! :) You need to take a little while and think things over and get over the hurt as best as you possibly can. And you will. It's tough, but you will overcome it.

Then, you need to evaluate your life without Nick. Because chances are...he is not going to change barring some astronomical miracle.

Take care of YOU and do what is best for YOU and let it go.

But, take your time at first to grieve, if you must. It will help the healing process.

17. olhippie54

Laety, you are unforgettable.

18. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

Nick is an asshole. I don't know him... but most men are.

19. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Oh...I agree.

20. olhippie54

That's because most men were raised by women.