News

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by CrucifiedDreams, May 25, 2007.

1. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I was wondering if anyone else would be in favour of a news forum here? I'm suggesting this becuase, there are so many threads going on in this general forum, I can't keep up! I just came on and there are new posts in like ten+ threads. Me and my over anal, organized brain, would find it helpful to have threads more sorted, so I know what I'm going to be reading and I know a lot of what we talk about is news so I thought it might be benifical to have it's own forum?

:leaving:

2. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

wuhooowaheoouuha I am just such an airhead I cant keep up either sweetie !
    goddam and I'm not even blonde !

3. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Oh shut up. :rolleyes:

4. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Personally I'm not in favour of a seperate news/politics forum, as I tend to think the most important issues are the ones that should get the mainstream billing in the main forum. Also, if you took the news/politics out of the main forum, you'd considerably water it down, and there'd be little to distinguish it from UK Randomness....

5. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Alright then.

6. Peace-Phoenix

That's just my opinion, I'm not saying I won't ask Skip to create one if the majority of people want one....

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

one of the things i like about having it not set aside is that someone who may not think they're interested in news may avoid a forum specifically for that purpose and miss some really interesting threads. being in the general forums over here is more up front and grabs more attention. the traffic over here isn't quite what it is over on the other boards, so it's not quite so overwhelming.

8. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. It is essential for peeps on here to know about news events and to keep updated. This gives us more to talk about and more to mull over for the coming winter.

Additional: Anyone who ever puts you down because of your idea are merely jealous folk who wish they had thought of it themselves;)

9. Peace-Phoenix

Agreed that news/politcs are essential. In fact they're one of my favourite aspects of the forums. But I don't think they should be seperated out. Like KC said, if you do that, you'll get diminished interest in them. They are the most important issues, and the Main UK Forum is the largest and most viewed of the UK Community. It is right that the biggest issues go in the biggest forum....

10. kier

kier I R Baboon

Aye, I randomly come on here when the mood suits me (70s music and incense as it happens today, that and avoiding the last of my dissertation)...but I hope major news threads on the general will be kept near the top due to peoples interest in them *scurries off again*

11. mamaKCita

i remember you, kier! where've you been?

12. kier

kier I R Baboon

Where have't I been? [​IMG]

Ummmm....uni really. I've found myself suited to wandering the forums again recently...I think I'm getting back to being me, if that makes sense?

anywho, how you doing?

13. mamaKCita

i'm great. mother of two, healthy, both mentally and physically. better than i've been in a long time.

14. Peace-Phoenix

Always good to see you popping back man, glad you're getting back to being you, and glad you've come a wandering our way. :)

15. kier

kier I R Baboon

I owe you a hug

16. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

We could maybe have just a sticky at the top of the main forum with like headlines, and links to take you strait to the particular thread...

The Hunt For Madeleine - http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235517
    *Brief explanation if need be*

Good Morning Chaps - http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193701
    *Bid your fellow forumers good morning*

Hmm, I don't know now. Kinda already have that with the:

See all UK forum posts in one list! - http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211089
    *A special link to see all posts in one convieniant location* ;)

Ah well. I actually don't think we need it all!
    Don't know why I'm getting involed :D

17. Peace-Phoenix

I'm never, ever going to put a sticky on a hunt for Madeline thread :tongue: It's not even newsworthy....

18. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Oh I didn't mean on each individual thread. Just a new News thread with all the latest links. But like say, we kinda have that already!

19. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

We're seriously getting way too lazy, if we can't even be bothered to look through the forums anymore!

20. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

Stop trying to turn this place into N.O!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

We'll end up having a bloody forum for vampires in a minute...:rolleyes: :ack: :hang: