News Just In

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by PIXIEFIED, Aug 23, 2005.

1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

You have real problems following a logical argument, don't you? Can you please point me towards anywhere where I defended an animal rights activist for digging up a grave? No? Thought not. However, it does disgust me to see you getting all worked up over a corpse without showing the slightest bit of compassion for a living animal. If you don't think that's a case of fucked-up priorities, then you're just a waste of oxygen in my book.

2. HappyHippySoldierBoy

HappyHippySoldierBoy Banned

My father was a butcher. Shall I firebomb his car? How about those of all his friends who are obviously at fault for knowing him? Should I threaten myself?

3. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

yeah i think ive been branded too, i never defended anyone either, but im fucked if im gonna condem them for it.
    in fact i am gonna defend em, fuckin fairplay, they closed the place down, that makes life harder for HLS. i dont reckon the guinee pigs really give a fuck about someone who dosnt agree.
    and as for his familys feelings, its tough shit really isnt it, alot worse things happen to people for alot less valid reasons.
    if he stop killing thousands of guinee pigs earlier rather then been a fucking ignorant **** about it for 6 yrs then it wouldnt have happened in the first place. the bloke is fucking scum, ive seen him outside the farm giving us the nazi salute.
    i hope no one gives the body back either. and i hope it caused him a million% pain n suffering cus its fuck all compared to what hes inflicted on others.
    if you disagree with me well im afraid i dont give a flying fuck so no point discussing it with me.

4. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

what would be the point in blowin up a butchers car happy hippe soilder boy??? you love the word firebomb dont ya:p
    my grandad is pro hunt by the way, and he used to be a slaughter man and a butcher.
    id still try and close the fucker down though if he ran that farm, but he didnt.
    and i love him to bits, i couldnt have asked for a better grandad. except for all the killin he did. but thats was my grandad, im me, and my child wont be a slaughter man.
    evolution.
    newchurch needed forcing out of buisness though otherwise they wouldnt have stopped.

5. HappyHippySoldierBoy

HappyHippySoldierBoy Banned

My point is that although I don't agree with him on the issue of eating meat, I can understand where his beliefs come from and respect him as a human being. His beliefs came from upbringing and social conditioning, as do all of ours to a certain extent.

Nobody is truly evil, just ignorant, so who actually has the right to endanger innocent human life based on their opinions?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the place has closed down, but you've got to realise that it's a hollow victory. It's been closed down due to fear and misery, not because anybody's opinions have actually been changed.

I know that you're gonna say you don't give a fuck because there's gonna be less suffering and that's all that you think matters, but in the long run all that's really been achieved is the perpetuation of a negative, activist stereotype.

6. dapablo

dapablo redefining

This can be true, please forgive me, and be patient with my inadequacies.

Twice now I've "disgusted" you, for expressing my opinion about what I consider appalling behaviour, i find it shameful that you are unable to do likewise. And to make up lack of show "There's a nice doggy". I didn't think I would need to express my concerns for duty of care to those weaker than us, sure you've seen me get distressed over issues of rights before.

Takes the piss, twice "Disgusted", and then the above ! Trod on your toes or something ?

7. DoktorAtomik

I'm not sure precisely which innocent human lives you're talking about, but I don't think anyone's being persecuted for their opinions.... unless by 'opinions' you're talking about 'actions', where such actions are the torture and abuse of animals.

Well whoop de fucking doo. I'm sure all the little animals are lining up to get back into their cages, with cries of "Eh oop, it's a hollow victory really, so let's get back in there and grab some more torture until those lovely humans can win the moral argument. Liberation can wait".

Again, I'm not at all convinced about the idea of digging up bodies, but it's a bit shite to talk about abstract, moral concepts when animals are being abused right here and now.

8. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

nah mate i do give a fuck, i know where ya comming from. and yeah it made animal rights look well bad and hasnt done it no favours at all.
    and it was closed down cus of fear or misery or what ever, but what choice was there, you could stand outside and protest till the day u die, it wouldnt change anything. direct action is the only thing that changes anything. people slag off activists. but, in my eyes at least, there heros. there risking everything for animals that have no means of changing things themselves. animals would agree with the activists 100% they wouldnt be asking for things to be phazed out over the next 100 yrs or anything diplomatic, they just want out. as i would in that situation.
    protesting wont even be allowed in a few more yrs so everything is goin to be direct action. blame the goverment for that one.

9. DoktorAtomik

No, you've disgusted me for your twisted sense of moral priority. A live animal is worth more than a human corpsed.

10. dapablo

dapablo redefining

OK, understand that. Sorry but I believe the opposite to be true, the dead require our respect. Don't abuse me for it.

11. PIXIEFIED

PIXIEFIED Member

another thing hippie soldier boy, and i aint havin a dig at ya. but u seem to think that everything that gets done in the name of alf or what ever is malicoius revenge attacks or summin, like indescriminatly paintstrippering cars or what ever.
    but its not like that, its alot more organised then that, its nothing to do with trying to get revenge on people, thats just a happy coincedence.
    the only thing people making money out of this sick trade hear is when somthing starts costing them money, otherwise its falling on deaf ears.
    if HLS loses all its suppliers and other companys it needs to run its own such as delivery companys, computer suppliers and now guinee pig farmers etc then they will be forced to close down.
    it would be impossible to just stop HLS, but alot easier to get a smaller company to sevre ties with them over a small contract. if one of there vans gets burnt out then it eats there profit and makes it not worth dealing with HLS. see how that works??? very effective.

12. DoktorAtomik

I'm not abusing you for it. I'm expressing my disgust at your sense of priority. If you will insist on putting words into my mouth, then this is likely to descend into a slanging match really quickly.

13. dapablo

dapablo redefining

No words put in your mouth, just telling how it feels, having someone express their disgust of your thoughts. You've been slanging already mate !

14. DoktorAtomik

No, I've not been slanging. I've been expressing a point of view. Slanging is pointless name-calling and abuse. There you go putting words into my mouth again.

15. dapablo

dapablo redefining

No words put in your mouth, just telling how it feels... :)

16. boothy

boothy Senior Member

I'm glad it closed, but the fuckin animal rights activists are just as bad, if not worse. They do a lot of bad stuff, and don't gain any support from the general public. If they were protesting peacefully the public/governments might listen.

Yes it's on a different scale, but it's like the IRA. I know a lot of people who are more open to listen to their views now that they have disarmed completely and stopped violence.

17. Claire

Claire Senior Member

That's-the-biggest-load-of-garbage-I've-heard-on-this-thread-so-far!

Animal-Rights-Activists-are-like-the-IRA????

18. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

*nods* afraid so, in the UK the ALF (Animal Liberation Front) were the second "biggest" terrorist organisation, by official standards anyway, for much of the 90's...second only to the IRA

19. dapablo

dapablo redefining

:) ARA ?

20. Claire

Claire Senior Member

hahaha...yes-very-similar-when-you-put-it-that-way:p