Newfound Hippie wanting to live a more enlightened lifestyle?

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by ~SurfergirlOfTheSea~, Oct 16, 2013.

1. ~SurfergirlOfTheSea~

~SurfergirlOfTheSea~ Guest

So I'm a total beach chick but I've had some crazy life sh!t and overall just want to live a more enlightened hippie lifestyle. I'm growing my hair out, I'm one of those everybody's making love cuz love is free types, I surf all the time and smoke weed for medicinal/meditational purposes. I don't eat meat or seafood or any animal and honor all walks of life, I even love the sharks. I've gotten into yoga and meditation just as sort of a mind clearing thing. I don't drink either because it basically eats your insides. I'm trying to look into more food health things I might even go vegan or organic but I need to look into things more. I also don't believe in government and think it harms people's spiritual nature and brings out greed in the worst of places. I'm in love with the ocean as it is my home and I feel of the sea wherever I go. I do believe in education but not in the format given to us by the government's system. I do highschool online and complete the requirements, and I'm intelligent I have straight A's, but I do so because it is a forced way of society. When I turn 18 I plan to move to Hawaii and attend a University there. I have a friend I can stay with who travels most of the year so I will have the place to myself a lot. It is also close to the ocean so I can surf as much as I will to. I would like to invest more in a sort of enlightened hippie lifestyle and I'm wondering what else I could do?:daisy:
    ~Lots of Love Thanks~

2. thismoment

thismoment Member

Sounds like you're on the way. It seems to me that the key in being a uni student is to find something that turns you on. It's amazing what all there is to learn about (environmental science, neuroscience, social work, nursing, chemistry, oceanography - the list goes on and on and on. Of course you have to pay your dues with all the required things like history, English, and so on. That's the way it is. If you work at it, even some of the basics can be very interesting.

Re your specific question (what else you can do), let it evolve. Some profound life changes and evolution happen kind of like it's the only thing you can do.

Happy trails

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well the first thing i would say is don't mistake appearances for enlightenment.

also as for the hippie 'lifestyle', if there can even be said for there to ever have been such a thing, once the band wagon got rolling, the percentage actually seeking any kind of real enlightenment, was no greater then it had been among 'streight' activists before the 'hippie' bandwagon came along. about the same as it is now really.

there was a big popularity of playing at persuing enlightenment in the 70s, and possibly many did come to take the adventure seriously.

but enlightenment in any real sense, isn't something that comes from appearances and mind altering substances, however much they may make it easy to imagine it does. instead, what enlightenment consists of really, is the avoidance of self deception. which can be pretty close to the opposite of expecting some substance or form of appearance to bring it to you.

i won't say those things interfere with it, just that they do not directly pertain.

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I cannot read your name without imagining the scent of incense

5. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

right-on SurferGirl :)

keep on keepin' on.