Newbie here, help

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by unemployed769, May 26, 2004.

1. unemployed769

unemployed769 Member

hey guys, i got a contact lens case (both sides) full of weed. it is pretty mixed up like seeds,stems,buds and leaves. i was wondering what is smokable and what is not, and if this is enough to get high off of. and where is a good tutorial online on how to roll joints/blunts etc. any help appreciated

2. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

Throw away the seeds and stems. Leaves? I hope you mean buds lol.

3. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

do you have friends that smoke?...its much easier learning from example than trying to have it explained to you, rolling joints that is...its easier to pack a bowl than roll a joint, so if at all possible, get a little bowl or something

dont smoke the seeds or the stems, as previously stated

4. bertrose

bertrose Member

Joints are really easy. They are more easy done, then explained. Just practice. Just roll it like a cigarette nice and tight...and light up. Its not rocket science, i don't know why i thought i had to look it up on the internet...it didn't really help all the much.

peace

5. Velouria

Velouria Member

Get someone to show you how to roll a joint in person. And I would not suggest smoking alone your first time. It's much more comfortable to have friends around for your first weed experieince so they can help you if you get really high or have an anxiety attack. Best of luck!

6. unemployed769

unemployed769 Member

ok so back to my first question is this enough to get high off of? (ive never gotten high before). also can i use any substitutes other than cig paper? what shud i use for the filter? sorry im a noob [​IMG]

7. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

nothings as good as rolling paper, but an inkless piece of paper not too thick will do, no dont use a filter, depends, is it shredded up?... its enough to get high on, but how high depends how good the pot is (probably not very good if you aren't good friends with the guy and its your first time buying) and how much seeds/worthless crap is in there

but its your first time, you'll get pretty high, dont smoke alone for your first time though

8. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Don't even bother with a filter. It's okay to smoke stems, but usually you save those as last resort if you are a regular user and run out; toss the seeds because they can cause headaches when smoked.

If you happen to be a fan of vodka, save up about an 4-5 grams of stems and dump them in a container with vodka in it and let it sit for a while. Strain out the stems and you'll have potka; vodka with THC in it.

And concerning the question of getting you high; most likely if it's all in a contact lense holding case. In most cases, you can get high from 2-4 hits, so you should have plenty.

Damn, I need to learn how to roll.

9. unemployed769

unemployed769 Member

ok thanks, and do u have to be a certain age for rolling papers? can i get em at the local BP gas station?

10. Ocean Byrd

I dunno, go find out. That's how I'm going to see if I can look for pieces at a local head shop, I'll just ask if they mind selling something to me because I'm not 18 (they are referred to as tobacco pipes because you can't sell a pipe that is to be for using an illegal substance); get white Zig Zags and start practicing.

11. bertrose

bertrose Member

I would say..what ever u have will probably get u high ur first time, if u just inhale enough...

12. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

they arent supposed to, but my local headshops dont mind selling to minors...

but you might wanna find some 18 year old to buy you a bowl or papers because more often than not they turn you down

13. unemployed769

unemployed769 Member

what is a bowl (bong?) how do you use a bowl?

14. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

It's not that hard to roll joints. My first one was a success. :D but some advice:

BTW, this is my method, i'm sure theres others.

1) Make sure you have time. DOn't be in a situation where you know your mom is coming home in 15 min and you gotta get it done.

2) Set up a work area, have some cardboard for filter (its too harsh without it..prbly for u), have the weed on a flat clean surface, and a sharp object to push the weed in later (later on)

3)Roll the cardboard (make it about 2cm in length)...and make it as thick as you think your joint should be.

4) Roll the papers around the joint, and lick only the bottom part, so close the joint only down where the filter is. So far it's basically an empty joint.

5) start putting your weed in from the top, little by little, strand by strand.

6) Every once in a while in the putting in process, pack it down with an object which fits inside the joint, could be a toothpick, pencil, etc.

7) when ur done, or u think u've put in enough, lick all the way up to the end, but without unrolling it and spilling everything...just bring up the flap a little so u can lick it.

8) Twist the end so stuff doesn't fall down, and enjoy, light and pull.

9) after a while you may want to buy urself a pipe, i bought one after a year of smoking and its much easier, hassle free, and you also get much higher off of smaller amounts.

Hope i helped,

Flav

15. Ocean Byrd

A bowl is essentially a bowl where you place the bud that is to be smoked. You stick bud in (after you break it up a little, at lest) and just get a source of fire, like a lighter or matches. More than likely, you will have a carb somewhere on the pipe (or bong, if you happen to be using one), cover it, its just a hole. Spark the bowl with some fire and inhale, remove the source of fire when the material is glowing red and just keep inhaling and take your thumb off the carb to clear the rest of the smoke.

16. ericf

ericf Member

I used to work at a gas station. We were not supposed to sell rolling papers to minors. But, other than lottery tickets, they were one of the last things we would ever card people on. It can't hurt to just go in and ask (when the store is pretty dead). Just ask for what you want by name (J.O.B. 1.25s or French Lights or something). Be confident and if asked say you are 18 or 19. If you look close and confident they probably won't card you. If they do, just say you forgot it at home. Be confident and don't freak out. About 20% of the time they will still sell them to you anyway. The other 80% of the time, just say oh well, I'll come back later when I have it then.

If you don't get angry and make a scene you will be forgotten 5 minutes later. The gas station employees see hundreds of faces each shift, they reject about 6-10 sales, and it isn't something that sticks out. As long as there isn't a cop in the store you will not get in trouble and none will be called. If you freak out and yell they will remember it and you will be recognized when you come back. Well probably. I wouldn't do this at a gas station you frequent on a daily basis just to keep the recognition level down.

Heck it is worth a shot. And unless you look real young there is a good chance you will get them. And the risk is very very low. Just be confident (insist to yourself, in your head, that you are old enough) and keep cool. You will probably be rejected at least once or twice but you are bound to succeed. Most of the people behind the counter are pretty cool and won't worry about it. Also, don't send someone else in to try again if you get rejected. That is a classic move the fuzz pulls when they are trying to arrest a clerk for second selling. Which is selling to a person with good reason to suspect they are buying for a minor. :D Enjoy. And take your time rolling it. Don't be afraid to rip it up, dump it out, and start again if you don't get it right.

17. bertrose

bertrose Member

I dunno, i still say its easier to get standard sized paper, put a small amount of pot inside and roll it like a cig...it doesn't have to be perfect just roll it tight and consistent...light up and inhale slowly(slowly so none of the weed get inhaled in ur mouth...or ashes or anything). its also a faster method...thats what the Marijuana man does:

http://www.pot-tv.net/archive/shows/pottvshowse-607.html

18. Ocean Byrd

I'm very sure that I could purchase Zags at a local 7-11 as my friend knows everyone who works there very well; hell, the guy in the corner store next to it blows glass pipes. I should check them out sometime...

19. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

when i say a bowl, i am referring to a pipe, a spoon, a bong, anything with a bowl where you pack your pot into. to smoke a bowl you just light a lighter next to the bowl and inhale, the fire will be sucked in and burn the pot...if the fire isn't sucked in you probably have a rush hole (or whatever that other guy called it), but if you buy a cheap little one you wont have one...

its a lot easier because you just push pot into the bowl and light it up, although joints are enjoyable also

20. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

It doesnt sound like you have enough bud for a joint or blunt. Make a pipe out of an apple :)