New Zealand

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by miketanner, Nov 14, 2017.

1. stillinthegroove

stillinthegroove Member

I’m barefoot all the time at home, at the park, etc. I probably wouldn’t go to the mall barefoot, but people do and nobody would look at you twice.

Clearly there’s more barefoot people in the northern parts as it’s warmer.

Come on over to good old New Zealand and take your shoes off :)

deancolby68 likes this.
  2. deancolby68

deancolby68 Members

From NZ too? I'm in Welly.

3. kylekyle

kylekyle Members

4. deancolby68

deancolby68 Members

Yeah there were a lot yesterday but didn't want to look like a weirdo taking pictures lol

5. deancolby68

deancolby68 Members

There were a few in pak n save too but was super busy in there I couldn' snap any pics without getting caught.

kylekyle likes this.
  6. Xoču

Xoču Members

7. deancolby68

deancolby68 Members

No the kid walked in barefoot

8. hippyphile

hippyphile Member

All one has to do is Google "Barefoot in New Zealand," and many links come up. Mostly from foreigners, immigrants and visitors who are surprised by how common it is. It used to be common in many parts of the U.S. thirty years ago, and may still be in some, like SoCal, where you see plenty of pics of barefoot celebs shopping, going to cafes, walking down the street, etc. The one thing about celebs is you can generally get away with photographing without permission. I would not try that in the U.S. with private citizens. I remember reading about a guy who allegedly sneaked a picture of a minor in a public place, and the the girl's father beat him up and had him arrested. Frankly, I think that is carrying privacy too far. I am surprised some of the "People of Walmart" have not sued on similar grounds.

BarefootedBoy and deancolby68 like this.
  9. kylekyle

kylekyle Members

Yes both The Warehouse and Pak n Save seem to have their fair share of barefooters at any one time. Overall not as many at New World unless it's near the beach though no customer except myself was barefoot at Whangamata. It's probably because it's the middle of a work day.

deancolby68 likes this.
  10. Xoču

Xoču Members

So is it a supermarket thing? If I showed up at, for instance, a neighborhood restaurant without shoes, would I be stared at or even asked to leave? A bus or train? Bookstore? Mall? Department store?

11. deancolby68

deancolby68 Members

Train, bus, bookstore, department store and mall I've seen people barefoot. Don't know about a restaurant though? People are usually fully dressed and look nice in restaurants.

12. kylekyle

kylekyle Members

Casual restaurants or cafes and all those places mentioned are usually fine. Just don't do that at the fine dining ones.

13. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Member

Auckland new Zealand here. Have worn shoes twice this year visiting a customer. Otherwise barefoot all the time including in the office, bars, restaurants, movies, public transport, a wedding. Bare feet not common but certainly tolerated. Generally can't fly barefoot. Barefoot visitors will enjoy coming here. Do your own thing.

14. Xoču

Xoču Members

15. solemum

solemum Member

I love in Auckland, New Zealand...I am full time barefoot 24/7 all year round....lets put a few things straight!!!! NZ is barefoot friendly...we do not have NSNSNS signs anywhere, going barefoot is tolerated, indeed acepted...New Zealanders, unlike many americans, mind their own business and let people get on with their lives....we are not judgemental busybodies. There are probably less barefoot adults around now, due to cheap imported crappy shoes and flip flop shit, a very cosmopolitan population now (including some cultures where going barefoot is not deemed appropriate) and the rise of sneakers etc.
    but my children, and others, go barefoot everywhere, yes even to school...we go to restaurants, shopping malls, everywhere in bare feet without getting challenged on it!!!

16. solemum

solemum Member

17. solemum

solemum Member

Thats me in The Warehouse (similar to Walmart...full of shitty imported merchandise) in bare feet......I have never worn shoes there!

charlie35 and barefootPatrick like this.
  18. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Sounds like utopia!! I think you are selling it so well there's a risk of everyone on here emigrating there en masse!

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

0o0o0 leopard print.

20. solemum

solemum Member

yeah and tight leather pants too..looks gorgeous with bare feet!

BarefootedBoy and bft4evr like this.