New Zealand to ban military style semi-automatic weapons...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ajay0, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

Wrong. It's referring to their pistol grips.

Posting facts is not dishonesty. Quite the opposite actually.

2. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

Actually it's the gun control movement's choice of words.

Which people are these? If you personally are opposed to all semi-autos, you are largely speaking for yourself.

A semi-auto rifle is not much different from a pump or lever action rifle when it comes to speed of shooting. Therefore there is no reason for singling them out and banning them. Therefore such a ban is unconstitutional.

Legislation that bans pistol grips on rifles is about pistol grips on rifles.

3. storch

storch banned

A semiautomatic rifle is not an assault weapon. Repeating that it is does not change that fact. It is the pistol grip that gun-control nuts believe will magically turn a semiautomatic rifle into a way, way deadlier weapon, even though they have nothing to support their magical claim.

And if you and others had your way, and all semiautomatic rifles and handguns that held more than six rounds were banned, there would still be mass shootings, and you would then be campaigning to ban all but single-shot guns, and so on and so forth.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  4. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Oh don't bother. Ignorance is bliss and obviously this person won't stop repeating his argument like a parrot, even if he gives no back up to his argument.

Meliai likes this.
  5. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

Notice how you can't point out anything that I'm actually wrong about?

Why would I stop defending the truth?

If you would like a cite for something, just ask.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not playing semantics with you storch, or repeating myself a thousand times. If you dont understand what i'm saying thats on you.

Same with the other guy who just repeats "what i'm saying is fact" over and over again as his argument, without providing any evidence or explanation to support his "facts." There's no point in discussing this with either of you

Asmodean, MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

pew pew pew..

8. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

I feel that providing factual arguments is a good thing.

I explain when necessary. In this case though there is not much to explain. Once you say "the gun control movement focuses almost entirely on trying to ban pistol grips on rifles" everything has been explained.

If you'd like a cite for anything specific, ask, and I'll see what I can dig up.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Only at first instance, which respect has been properly given. But at some point after 2 years going over it... not anymore. I still admire both your and MeAgain s attempts though. I would say storch and Toggle are lucky to have you guys as debate partners :-D

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

New Zealand also just banned Jordan Peterson's book :confused:. What the hell for? It's a self help book about cleaning up your life, and empowering the reader.

11. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The New Zealanders are a happy, peaceful and prosperous people. I don't see any serfdom in them.

Americans are serfs to the idea that they need weapons to lower their sense of deep insecurity.

That can be done through democracyand the ballot, rather than arming oneself with weapons and creating chaos and strife. Mexico, Afghanistan and Somalia are case studies of nations where everyone is armed to the teeth, but peace and prosperity still remains a dream.

12. Asmodean

Ajax, it has already been explained to Toggle in several threads how arbitrary the freedom of the average american citizen really is.
    If we look at gun ownership alone the USA may seem the shit in that regard, but in other aspects far less. Look at how many people are doing time for example, and for what. All that serfdom talk is just a bunch of hooey ment to trigger particular reactions

13. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

No. It comes from the fact that for the past 2600 years freedom has included the right to carry arms.

14. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

Free people have the right to carry guns. New Zealanders do not.

No. This very use of the term "need" is serf think.

Free people don't carry guns because they need them. Free people carry guns because they choose to carry guns.

We do do it through democracy and the ballot. That's what the NRA is.

We also have the Supreme Court to back up the NRA and strike down any unconstitutional laws that make it past the NRA's defenses.

But this prevention of pointless rules only occurs in America. Outside of America, pointless rules get imposed on serfs all of the time.

New Zealand is a perfect example of this. A bunch of pointless rules just got imposed on the serfs there.

That could never happen in America because we are not serfs. No one has the power to impose pointless rules on Americans.

15. Asmodean

You're so clueless if you're actually serious here.

16. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

I'm always serious.

Any pointless (unjustifiable) gun restrictions in America are doomed to be struck down by our courts.

17. storch

storch banned

People who offer no argument to back their position and then repeat their unsupported claims are the parrots. If the parrots want to ignore the request for proof of their paranoid obsessions concerning pistol grips, then they'll be asked again and again until they get tired of their own parroting. I don't intend to allow their expressed ignorance to be bliss.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  18. storch

storch banned

Um, no, the ones providing no evidence to support their claims are the ones who claim that a pistol grip increases a rifle's deadliness. If they wish to be taken seriously, they need to show something besides their obsessive and hysterical say so to make their case. Perhaps you would care to offer something to validate their claim.. If not, then keep whining. It's a free country. But do you really want to be lumped in with the folks who are willfully ignorant of the difference between style and function?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  19. Asmodean

Yeah... that wasn't the point. Its your use of the word serfdom where you go wrong.

Driftrue likes this.
  20. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

Free people have had the right to carry arms for 2600 years. All I'm doing is using the English language the way it was intended to be used.

Look at it this way.

New Zealand government: "Turn over all your rifles with pistol grips."
    New Zealanders: "Yes master."

American government: "Turn over all your rifles with pistol grips."
    Americans: "No! Go mind your own business."

The difference between those two responses is the difference between serfdom and freedom.