New Zealand to ban military style semi-automatic weapons...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ajay0, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Don't be silly. Both sides make this mistake.

The left is equally silly when it thinks right wing viewed people believe what they believe just to be evil, for the fun of it.

People usually hold the views that they hold because they believe that those views are "correct" and will make the world a better place/keep them safe/keep the world free/etc.

People don't just pass laws and hold opinions to annoy the other side.

Everyone should learn to keep in mind that they MAY be wrong. Maybe I'm wrong about climate change, Brexit, gun control (my views are mainly "left"). I don't think I am, obviously, but I have to believe that everyone who thinks the opposite of what I think does so because their life of experience led them to those views, just like mine led me to mine.

Meliai likes this.
  2. storch

storch banned

You must have gotten the scent of a pistol grip. THERE IT IS BOY! GO GET IT!!

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Probably, more people have been killed in the world with steel held objects that did not have a pistol grip. Basically, if you really want to inflict damage you don't even have to look that far. I could take out anybody with the palm of my hand.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

5. storch

storch banned

Not anymore, cuz now we'll be watching for it.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's when I give you a double back swing chop!
    You're holding your neck together, but your nuts drop. :p

And then the cops will do the best they will they pull the axe out your face and ask "was it Irminsul? What was she wearing??"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  7. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

8. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

If the goal of "outlawing pistol grips on rifles" is anything other than "a desire to violate civil liberties for fun" then what is that alternative motivation?

The same for outside the US. If the goal is anything other than "showing those serfs who's boss" then what is that alternative motivation?

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

They believe that outlawing pistol grips will help prevent atrocities.

I'm not agreeing that it will, or agreeing with you that it won't. I'm pointing out that what people believe and act upon isn't purely to annoy the "other side" for fun, or out of spite.

Understanding that would help reduce the hostility between opposing schools of thought.

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But not nearly as efficiently and in as large numbers as can be done with assault rifles. Try it and you might draw back a bloody stump.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

12. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

Why would I be proud? Or ashamed? Or any other emotion associated with ownership?

I am not responsible for these suicides.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  13. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

No. No one thinks anything that ridiculous.

There is no other possible reason for trying to outlaw pistol grips on rifles.

It is proper that people are hostile to gun control. It is wrong for these people to try to violate civil liberties for fun. And it is true that this is their only motive.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When they're all on their knees facing East at a predictable time.... ;)

15. storch

storch banned

You mean semiautomatic rifles; not assault rifles.

Also, the guy used two shotguns and a lever-action rifle as well. Are they going to ban those as well?

16. Spilled-Patchouli

Spilled-Patchouli Members

The hijab is religious freedom. You may not like it (I don't particularly), but it in western countries, like New Zealand, it's their choice. To not allow them to wear it would be undemocratic as it takes away the people's voice.

17. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

TBH I don’t care what they put on their heads to virtue signal.

But if you’re not a Muslim, wouldn’t wearing a hijab be a form of cultural appropriation? :p

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Not at all, if done to show support and solidarity with the Muslim community. Besides, cultural appropriation is a concept that should be resisted as an extravagant expression of political correctness.:p

19. Spilled-Patchouli

Spilled-Patchouli Members

Ah, you assume I believe in cultural appropriation simply because I am a liberal. I do not. I believe most examples of "cultural appropriation" are just racist stereotypes— i.e. chinamen halloween costumes. You can appreciate a culture that's different from your own, including Islamic culture.

Okiefreak likes this.
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol :grinning: This is hilarious coming from you