New Young Hippies

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Peace-Phoenix, May 9, 2004.

1. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

So we have a brand new forum. All the old threads are gone, and some of the old posters have too. When I first came to Hip Forums about three years ago, I enjoyed posting on Young Hippies. But over time, a lot more people came, and I found that quite a few of the threads became rather immature, and there was a lot of bitchiness. The same goes for Random Thoughts, but I guess nothing's going to stop that.

So I propose that we save all our bitchy comments and petty rivalrys for Random Thoughs and concentrate on making a wonderful new start here in Young Hippies. Although I didn't post much before on Young Hippies, I still popped in to keep up my moderating responsibilities. I'm not your moderator anymore, it looks like this new system's given me a promotion, and I have to keep my eye on all the forums now. But I'd really love to post more on this forum if we can build it into something really special. Something that can live up to its name. It is, afterall, a forum for young hippies like ourselves. We may be young, but let us not forget that we are hippies, and let us not forget our values of peace, love and unconditional respect for our fellow posters here.

I did see in Young Hippies that there was a lovely little community developing here, in a simillar way to the community that I have always tried to encourage in the UK Forum. I would love to see that community grow and flourish and become something that we can all be proud of. Let it no longer be ruined by a few people who can't get along....

Peace,
    Peace Phoenix

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

well put, K+ pheonix

3. SunFree

SunFree Member

I agree in the utmost. I've said before that I think part of the problem is that when we're just talking through a screen, it's difficult sometimes to remember the humanity behind the words. We see just the opinions, rather than the people with the opinions. I bet if we all could take a walk together, we'd get along fine. But this is what we have, and I hope we can all just put our best into this community.

4. Velouria

Velouria Member

Agreed. I didn't post here much before, but now that we have the new forums everyone seems to be nicer. Like you said, we should all use this fresh start as an opportunity to improve the forums!

5. Peace-Phoenix

Yeah I know what you mean about not seeing the person behind the screen. In a way, us hip forumers in the UK have been blessed by living on a small island. We all meet up quite often for various festivals, demonstrations, camps and gatherings, and so I have got to know many of them as some of my closest friends. Although I got the chance to meet AppleScruff not long ago when she was in the UK, I may never get to meet many of you from the other side of the pond, but I still find that you are all wonderful people with so many great ideas and inspirations. We have this brilliant opportunity for all of us here in Young Hippies to make a new start, together, and not divided, let us make the most of it....

6. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

ok..
    right

so i can still rant on about how in love i am with my girlfriend and how much i love her...oh.. man i miss her!!! every second that im not with her, is like a million knifes stabbed into my heart.

7. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

I like this term...community.

It's as if we are phisycally together.that would be so good.

unfortunatly i never got to met someone from the forums....shit.i want to so bad!

8. boringtree

boringtree Custom User Title

i guess i could do my bit also. this 'hipforum renaissance' does hold great potential. good work, pheonix!

9. kier

kier I R Baboon

it would be nice :) and to cut out all those random crap posts, alot used to be just used for boosting post counts :mad:

maybe someone will make a "young randomness" forum sometime for people to vent there strangeness! :)

10. Peace-Phoenix

Awwww, how sweet, but you're still young. You'll learn. There'll be plenty more stabs in your heart. And in your back! That's women for you, one big knife in ya innards... ahem, sorry, I'm not bitter and twisted, honest....

11. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yea! Maybe we could start some politics threads in here? Who knows!?
    Have just read some thread by PP and I'm greatly inspired by it...so I'm going to start a thread now, hehe.
    I hope that YHs community gets as it used to be when I first came here, so friendly and all, but we'll all have to work on that!:)

12. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

Luckily most people on here are very friendly anyway, and i like the idea of us building a little community in cyber space. sounds good. lets start to build a city... *dreams*

13. Peace-Phoenix

A city? Oh no, that sounds dreadful:p How about a little tree camp instead? Who did you use to be on the old forums JennyFlower? Did you ever visit the UK Forum? If not come and join us over there, we have a true community there in real life as well as cyberspace....

14. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

i was still jennyflower but i knida live in the youbg hippies. maybe ill come on over and visit you sumday in uk forums. and yeah ur right...a city sounds way too commercialized and makes me think of...hmmm-concrete?

15. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

*ahem* It's men too!:( :p

16. Graham

Graham Member

yeah whatever, women are evil! EVIL! :(

17. Pobble

Pobble Member

nah- cities can be great if made properly

18. sitareric

sitareric Banned

Men and women are both evil, on an individual basis, i like the idia of making this community more dynamic, and together, so that we really feel eachother, with our various energies. thatd be groovy, so im wiht ya, here now

19. SunFree

SunFree Member

I like the sound of that tree camp - like where the Ewoks live in Return of the Jedi, with all their little mossy bridges connecting the canopy, and everyone living in treehouses like Swiss Family Robinson. We'd also have to learn to swing around on vines and climb really fast :)

20. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

Whoa dude...

he wasn't talking about cyber hugs and flowers or anything like that. i totally agree that this thing should be more of a community, and when it works its amazing.

peacephoenix, i agree with you totally. you pretty much summed up my feelings completely.

I look foward to posting with all of you on the new forums. :