New York underground explosion

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Dec 11, 2017.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I know they won't be releasing details on this clown's pipe bomb, but I am perplexed at how someone could goof up something so simple. Aside from setting it off prematurely, anybody can accidently press a button at the wrong time, I'm curious why it didn't cut him in half. If he used regular schedule 40 pipe nipples and caps, the burst point would have been something like 40,000 PSI. The fragments should have scattered at nearly the speed of sound and injured more people. And the blast should have displaced the oxygen in such a confined area.

So I'm wondering if this guy was set up by someone else. Someone who half packed it with loose powder. I realize this kind of speculation is distasteful, but I can't help feeling like this guy was just some poor rube who was conned into what he thought would be greatness. And for what reason other than to just get rid of him. I'm sure we'll never know, but I smell a rat.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Here's the latest

Bomber Strikes Near Times Square, Disrupting City but Killing No one

A would-be suicide attacker detonated a pipe bomb strapped to his body in the heart of Manhattan’s busiest subway corridor on Monday, sending thousands of terrified commuters fleeing the smoke-choked passageways, and bringing the heart of Midtown to a standstill as hundreds of police officers converged on Times Square and the surrounding streets.

But the makeshift weapon failed to fully detonate, and the attacker himself was the only one seriously injured in the blast, which unfolded just before 7:20 a.m.

Law enforcement officials said the attacker, identified by the police as Akayed Ullah, 27, chose the location because of its Christmas-themed posters, a motive that recalled strikes in Europe, and he told investigators that he set off his bomb in retaliation for United States airstrikes on ISIS targets in Syria and elsewhere.

[​IMG]

Bomber Strikes Near Times Square, Disrupting City but Killing None