New year's resolutions?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Jennyflower, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

whats your gonna be? did you keep last years? i think mine is not to make any resolutions. Jen xxx

2. kier

kier I R Baboon

eat chocolate, drink lots of alcohol, party lots....just the usual stuff...somehow i manage to keep my new years resolutions ;)

3. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

erm...i never do new years resolutions, i just hope the next year is much better than the one gone...but this year I've so many things I want to do such as:
    *start playing bass guitar
    *travel to southamerica
    *finish my first year at uni successfully
    *start yoga lessons in early january

I feel so good about 2005!!! hope everyone has a great year!

;)

4. LullabySam

LullabySam Member

my new year resolution hmmm...has to be do well on my GCSE's and work hard at school i really wanna do well but i dont think im gonna :( so they have to be my resolutions.
    xxSamxx

5. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

Resolution 1 - Survive the last few months of college...passing would be a nice bonus

Resolution 2 - Not to let any more people I love slip away, especially when everyone goes off to uni

Resolution 3 - Sort my head out and have some fun

6. SunshineLily

SunshineLily Member

My New Years Resolution...
    I'm having to think hard really - I think it is going to be a motivation one. Yeah. Okay, my new years resolution is to GET MOTIVATED. KEEP MOTIVATED BE MOTIVATED. :D

Last years was to keep to my word and do things that i said i would do. Well, yeah I think i kept it quite will, not one hundred per cent, but i think it was near enough achieved. Yey :).

Love,
    Sunny
    xxx

7. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Mine this year is to quit smoking once and for all! So far so good. Sunny, maybe a good new years resolution for you would be to return my Led Zeppelin hoody:p

8. autumn_jewels

autumn_jewels Member

hm i always find the new year such a psycological motivation, like mondays and the first day of a new month.

well new year new me! i have stopped smoking ciggies in 2005 and im changing my diet some, to make sure im eating enough protein and things i need to eat. i have been away in europe for 4 weeks and had lectures on my lack of protein intake, although it was difficult to maintain high protein intake due to having to eat what was available rather than food of choice sometimes. so yesterday i read my 'food for mind and body' book and learnt more about nutrician and learnt what i need to be eating, that vitamin c enables iron absorption, that to release the protein in lentils you should eat them with a wholegrain food such as rice/wholemeal bread, etc and am focusing on eating better for my health. go me! i feel focussed. hehe.

im being more positive about job hunting (well i havent been turned down yet in 2005 so ......;-)) im determined to do things that are fun, and that keep my spirit up and im looking for classes in ice dance, something ive wanted to do for years.

ah...yeah...new year new me....

i love new years...

good luck everyone with resolution keeping xxx

9. island dweller

island dweller I Love Wind

I gained somewhat of a reputation for throwing up often because of drinking too much alcohol, although i never planned to throw up, this year my resolution is to sort it out and not drink til i spew...

On a side note, due to a chest infection i am having to give up smoking too...

starting today! :eek: *faints*

10. Claire

Claire Senior Member

1. Pay off my credit cards

2. Finish my course

3. Have fun!!!!

4. Go travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. arlia

arlia Members

My New Years Resolution Last Year Was Tostay Single All Year....and I Did!!!!!!!!
    Hwoooooooooooppp!!!
    This Year Is To Travel And Sell My Artwork!

12. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Not argue as much.. relent.

Not drink alcohol like fizzy pop

Be nice to people, as much as possible.

finaly lose my virginity.

13. Iago

Iago Member

How's it going smokey joe?

Mine IS.

1. Have more fun

2. Win

3. Thats it

14. Nisha

Nisha Forlorn.

1. No sex until next year.
    2. Only healthy food.
    3. "Jennifer Kries" Exercise DVDs 2-3 times a week.
    4. Only water and juices... and milk occasionally. (I'm addicted to it but I'm lactose intolerent and it really messes me up)
    5. Do well in school- make it the first priority, after health and family.
    6. Get closer with mother.
    7. Learn new songs for stepfather to make him proud.

and others I can't think of right now.

15. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

Well then.. Last year i quit smoking.. 3 months and counting *woo*I seem to have stop drinking alcohol completely too but I think that might have been the year before.. after some dodgy black puke episode..

So for this year.. I'm not too sure

Eat healthier.. as all i eat is shit shit and more shit!
    and also try and tone up the slowly sagging gut :eek:

and just be happy in myself and have a jolly good year!

16. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Does that mean you intend to get laid as soon as possible? I only live down the road from you you know...:p

17. roly

roly Senior Member

My new years resolution is to realise i'm worth something (even if its small!) I've already started by volunteering to help in a local panto where i hav had to write all the music for it and play the Keyboards. This is a big thing for me because many people (mainly my boyfriend) have told me to use skills i have aquired to their full potential...and i never thought i could do it. But i had the first performance yesterday and it went really well. So...Yeh the new years resolution is to keep the feeling of worth and hopefully use it in good ways.
    Roly.xxx

18. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

why o why?

19. Claire

Claire Senior Member

indeed:p sex is very good exercise... and good for helping curing headaches and depression... so I'm told:sunglasse

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Maybe because she feels indulging in underage sex is not the best thing for her ... i don't know , maybe she feels she can wait. Or maybe she has just worn herself out shagging boys brains out last year , and need a rest ?.