new vegetarian!!

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Paz, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Paz

Paz Member

I'm officially vegetarian now, I haven't eaten meat in a day and a half, I refused meat several times and I got my parents to buy me some meat substitiutes and other meat-free products. Thankfully their only complaining abit but aren't being totally unsupportive.

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Yay congratulations

Keep up the good work :)

TTFN
    Sage

3. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Awsome! Always happy to hear about new converts!

4. jendi17

jendi17 Member

That's awesome...I hope you stay with it :)

5. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

Yeah when I started my parents were like ok, lets go find some food for you to eat. Ocassionaly my mom said, well then if you don't like salad, than what are you going to eat? But my parents have been supportive of me. I go with them to find meals and how to vegitize some of our current ones.

6. Paz

Paz Member

thankfully my brother is a vegetarian and has been for 10 years so he has good tips/recipies and thanks to him my mom can cook some vegetarian stuff, but my dad thinks i'm weird and says it gets too expensive even though i've proven to him that it rarely is. it's so weird, I don't find it too hard to not eat meat, i've had to turn down meat from friends who offer it to me, they don't all know i'm vegetarian.

7. Chronic4:20

Chronic4:20 Member

i don't know what the hell is wrong with the eating of meat, or the killing of animals for their meat :D MMMM meat is soo good

8. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Well then you're in the wrong place Dear :)

There are many seriously good reasons to be veggie, if you want to hear them stick around. If not leave us in peace.

TTFN
    Sage

9. EroticCookie

EroticCookie Guest

That's awesome! I'm so proud of you. I'm starting out today. I was a veggie for about two years but then I hit some rough times with money. I ate at other people's houses most of the time. That's when I started to eat meat again but I have money now and I'm going to stop eating meat starting today. I found the first two weeks are the hardest because you have to find things that are alright to eat and what not. Well, best of luck.

10. Enron

Enron Member

First two weeks? try first 2 years. Just a couple weeks ago i found out i cant eat kraft dinner. I gotta say, i knew it was gross but i loved that stuff.

11. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

Glad to have you in the group!! Yayyyy :)

Have you acquired didge's superpowers yet? :D

12. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

What super powers are those?

Yay welcome back to the club :)
    I didn't find the first two weeks hard at all. Maybe because I was really fired up or whatever.

TTFN

Sage

13. Enron

Enron Member

You got lucky. Very Very lucky

14. Bassboy444

Bassboy444 Member

Oh you'll love being a vegetarian. You feel so much more alive and healthier. I've been one for 3 years and I'd never go back.[​IMG]

15. gertie

gertie Senior Member

yay!! welcome to happiness.