New UK Member!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by PeopleAreStrange, Jan 7, 2005.

1. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange Member

Hey guys we have another new UK member. Shes my freind Ash from college, and I guess I better let her introduce her, because when Craig joined I more or less filled out his profile for him hehe :p

2. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

Hehe. Hey Daron!

Well.. er, hey everyone! I'm Ash and er, I'm not so great at introducing myself. >.<
    I'm on a music course at college with Daron, I play bass guitar. I've been playing about 8 months. My favourite bands are Billy Talent, The Kinks, Queens Of The Stone Age, Hootie And The Blowfish + Elvis Costello...
    Um, I'm a vegetarian and have been for about 2 and a half years now. I can't think of anything else to put. x:

How're you all?

3. island dweller

island dweller I Love Wind

Welcome, Its a dysfunctional place here, but then name a family that isn't dysfunctional... Also more importantly, this a community where you can be free and just be yourself. There are people on here 24hours a day so there is never a dull moment alone (apart from when glastonbury is happening then its as dead as the dodo).

So take off your shoes and socks and enter the house of fun.

4. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Helloo!

Nice to see another veggie onboard:D

Hmm am trying to learn guitar myself, am shit though:p

Love Clairexxx

5. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange Member

Dont worry, ive been playing for five years and it still sounds like a duck fight!

6. kier

kier I R Baboon

hey ash :) tis kier, or kieran, or anythin else people care to call me

glad you've joined, tis a wonderfull place to chill

my fingers are sore from playing mah guitar too much :eek: but they have never bled, and nor will they, they're like me...soft inside, but ard as nails :H

7. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

island dweller - Sounds like fun, can see myself spending a lot of time here. Maybe a bit too much time x: lol

Claire - Hello! Nice to meet you. How long have you been playing guitar? I'm sure you're not bad!

Kier - Hey there.
    I'm liking it here already. :)
    How long have you been playing guitar for? My fingers have neither bled nor blistered yet :cool: :p

8. island dweller

island dweller I Love Wind

On a side note i play guitar too, been learning for like 3 years, still sound shit, but thats cos i don't play it as often as i should... also due to the fact i am tone deaf and don't get music scales.... somehow i think i'll never learn to play properly...

9. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

Are you self taught or do you have a teacher? Because some find it easier to teach themselves, and some find it easier to be taught.
    Personally I find something easier if someone is teaching me. My ex boyfriend taught me to play bass, but now I have lessons at college.

10. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Been playing since I was in a Riot Grrl band in college... only played power cords though as a prop mainly cos I was the singer.

Sold my electric years ago, got an accoustic 18months ago but haven't pulled my finger out to learn it properly.

Have a few books so we'll see!!

Love Clairexxx

11. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

That's cool. I wanna start a band, know people that I could ask but I don't think I'm good enough. x:

Good luck with learning! I'm sure you'll do great. :)

12. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Welcome! Allow me to be the first (I think) to offer you a cup of tea and some 'special' biscuits....

13. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Ewww not the "soggy" ones...:( :X

14. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

hehe... *grins*
    many greetings to you, ash... i'm one of the resident lunatics :p but i think there's a bit of loon in us all, actually i'm pretty sure there is. tis good to meet you...
    daron should drag you algon to our gathering in alderley edge then we can all jam. :p woohoo! love Jaz

15. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

Peace-Phoenix - Nice to meet you, thanks for the tea and, er, "special" biscuits.. hmm. o_O :p

Jaz - Howdy! Yeah, we're all a bit loony sometimes.. :p Nice to meet you too. :)
    I would so totally go, but it depends when it is and stuff. ^^